What can I do with a TL3?

Tiny86

Newly Enlightened
Livermore, In the people's republic of CA
I want to mod my Streamlight TL 3. I have tried searching mods for it but I really have not been able to find much. I would like to keep it to mostly a thrower, but I want it to be an LED, the incan just chews batteries to fast.
So what can I do to it?
Thanks!!

:popcorn:

Cypher

Enlightened
I still really like my TL3 as is. Just feed it 17500s and then you don't have to worry about runtime.

I've never heard of an LED mod for it. Would probably be pretty tough.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have had a TL3 for a short time now and I am finding it pretty awesome for its size. Also running 2X17500's. The TL3 is a real thrower with some adjustment available to the beam, as you probably know. It is sort of a mini M3T. Some people are running a 2amp bulb, for even better performance.

But I digress, as you are looking at it for an LED mod. It does have an excellent reflector and would probably work well with with a Seoul P4, if you could figure a way to stuff it in there. I could see someone designing a module that would take the place of the TL3's bulb holder, and there would be good contact between that module and the body if the module was made out of brass.

Bill

dano101

Enlightened
I currently run the 2 X 17500 setup in it, and it runs great. ive searched for led mods too but theres really nothing that pops up.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Is the 5W Luxeon in the LED version easily accessible as would a SSC P4 U2 or even a Cree Q5/R2 be a worthwhile upgrade?. A pic of the lamp assemblies seem to make it possible for the emitter to be accessible. Or even with a Cree MC-E or P& since it has the heat sinking it has.

I have the ican version running with 2x17500 and it is still a useful light.

Last edited: