Eddie Bauer Convertible LED Flashlight

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
You know how it goes. I had seen a light that looked interesting and read about it here, but the reviews weren't stellar and the price seemed a bit high. Well, on a gadget table at the Eddie Bauer store in a local mall (Cary, NC) sat the light again for 12 bucks. And, of course, I couldn't resist. This is the same basically as the Brunton flashlight/lantern that has been discussed here before. No real surprises. The highly focused beam has a round mostly white hot spot(about 10 in. wide at 3 feet) surrounded by a very blue edge. Beyond that are a number of concentric rings, but not really a usable spill. The unique part is the lantern function, which is what sold me. It won't replace my Eveready folding lantern, but it should serve its purpose. It seems to be solidly built and should have great endurance with 3 AAA's and 1 LED. I had seen a version in a Discovery store that had a metal grip and cost $15. This one has a nice knurled rubber grip and a wrist strap. No batteries included. Now, if I can just hide it from the wife until the next power failure.

BigMac

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Flying Turtle said:
... Now, if I can just hide it from the wife until the next power failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just flip the breaker... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
...or unscrew the fuses... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif