Arc LS Cree XR UV Mod

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Not sure if I've ever seen an Arc LS UV mod so here's one. Since this one won't be used for long periods of times I drove it hard. Set to 1A. Sorry I don't have any beamshots but this is the farthest throwing UV light I've had in hand. I avoided playing with this one too much cause it really irritates my eyes. Hope the owner enjoys & uses the proper eye protection.

-Arc LSL-ST
-Stock Converter @ 1000ma
-Cree XR7090 UV
-Modified McR-18
-Mineral Glass Lens
-Glow Oring

Img_6397.jpg

The LS I received was previously modded with a SSC P4 & IMS17. It was a bit messy so I cleaned it up.

Before:
Img_6348.jpg

After:
Img_6359.jpg

Thanks for looking. :wave:

Last edited:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nyyyce...:thumbsup: Love the cleanup; that's what steady hands will get you :D. Wouldn't have thought it was the same board. Did you switch the conductor as well or just the sense resistor? Most excellent.:twothumbs

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Nyyyce...:thumbsup: Love the cleanup; that's what steady hands will get you :D. Wouldn't have thought it was the same board. Did you switch the conductor as well or just the sense resistor? Most excellent.:twothumbs

Thank you. Yes I replaced the inductor. It was broken & still worked fine but I replaced it anyway since I had to remove it to reposition it anyway.

On this board I removed everything but the IC & the two little guys next to it. The large cap & the diode practically fell off on their own. They weren't soldered on very well.

Img_6354.jpg

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like a hacker went to work on this board with a torch and a shovel
Darkzero , you do the finest work around! It's a pleasure to see someone take pride in all aspects of life ... including repairing someone's else's mess.
That's no fun to clean up after someone:shakehead

Brilliant job !!!!! I hope the owner likes it.....

Not sure if I've ever seen an Arc LS UV mod so here's one. Since this one won't be used for long periods of times I drove it hard. Set to 1A. Sorry I don't have any beamshots but this is the farthest throwing UV light I've had in hand. I avoided playing with this one too much cause it really irritates my eyes. Hope the owner enjoys & uses the proper eye protection.

-Arc LSL-ST
-Stock Converter @ 1000ma
-Cree XR7090 UV
-Modified McR-18
-Mineral Glass Lens
-Glow Oring

Img_6397.jpg

The LS I received was previously modded with a SSC P4 & IMS17. It was a bit messy so I cleaned it up.

Before:
Img_6348.jpg

After:
Img_6359.jpg

Thanks for looking. :wave:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez Will...!

Outstanding work....

I usualy show pictures of "thingies" and torches to Mrs. Lumafist but this one caught her "hook line and sink"........:cool:

VERY nice work....!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awsome detail work as always.
:twothumbs

Also a nice remainder that i need to find a host for my Cree UV emitter...
:thinking:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice!!! I want to do the XR UV (once I find out where to get on) into a EX10 probably. Unless the Vf is low enough that a D10 can drive it. The reflector in those should work just like stock.

Arc made some dental blue ones, but never a UV. The UV is much better! Good job!!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thanks fellas. :wave:

Isaac, CM did a UV EX-10 mod a while back. Not sure which Cree UV emitter he used but from the pics it looks like the XL7090 like from the Shoppe. I would think the EX-10 reflector would work with the XL7090 without modification.

Latest posts