New: "Snap-On" brand (li-ion) Rechargeable Tactical @Sears

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else see this? Found it on the Sears site:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03487725000P?mv=rr

170/200 lumens, internal recharging, 1lb, aluminum body with rubber coating. Looks neat, must have a modern emitter. Seems aimed for the LEO/Security crowd, like a 7060/T4 etc. Comes with holster and charger for $90. MOP and plastic lens, rear switch; clickie?. Says variable beam, but I don't see how; perhaps an web error.

There seems to be a larger "security" version as well, listed as 2lbs (it doesn't specify li-ions like the tactical version does) putting it more into the Magcharger size. Sears doesn't list dimensions of the lights for some reason. It has a side clickie and is $100. The lumens ratings on this light are only 100 lumens (120 for "boost"), so perhaps long runtime is the idea here for security duty. Both versions have a strobe mode.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03487723000P?mv=rr

Last edited:

Kabible

Enlightened
Re: New: Snap-On (li-ion) Rechargeable Tactical

That's a nice looking light. I wish they added some details.

OOPS, just looked at the ad again & found the "Details". :ohgeez:

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

:thumbsdowIf it uses proprietary ($$$) battery packs, which almost all internal recharge lights do. It would have to do some other things really well to offset the negative of a proprietary pack.

No anti-roll feature...:shakehead

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened

Interesting. Haven't seen these on the truck yet. Snap-on usually just re-brands Inova lights. . .

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oooooh, it's a brand. I've been busting my head trying to figure out what exactly snaps-on on that flashlight. :laughing:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oooooh, it's a brand. I've been busting my head trying to figure out what exactly snaps-on on that flashlight. :laughing:

:grin2: changed thread title for clarity.

Doesn't look like any Inova I've seen so far.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm taking one for the team and ordered the smaller version...supposedely will arrive in a week...

Seems Snap On is whoring the name out to all sorts of stuff. It wasn't like that before...we'll see...

--dan

sappyg

Enlightened
so does the strobe mode make it a "tactical" flashlight... a lot of mechanics will buy these just for the name brand.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Yea Snap-On is whoring their name out there. I bought a 2 light pack from a hardware store that had the Snap-On logo on them. They look like a 2D mag and Mini mag with a little extra aluminum and some grooves. They were incan's though.
But Snap-On lights at SEARS!?!?!? BLASPHEMY!!!!

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
The 1st one does have a nice look to it. Zooming in, it looks like it has an OP reflector.

BTW, what does "Variable Beam" mean? That it can be focused???

Now that would be a neat option!

stefanj

Newly Enlightened
Looks interesting- so lets see if Sears has it now- and Kmart owns Sears- then by next year we should be able to pick this up on the "Blue Light Special":crackup: