Rexlight... no more??

cool breeze

Newly Enlightened
Hey there everyone. I decided to get me a nice couple led flashlights for christmas and I think i came to the right place. My only experience with fl's are my SF G2 and a couple cheap multi led bargain bin stuffers...its time to get with the times, I want some bad *** LED's. :party:

1st
Nightstand/truck light: $20-30
Compact but not tiny as it will be mostly sitting but sometimes carried;
Batteries either AA or cr123;
my G2 has a tail-end clicky so i have got used to this, a must;
light output needs to be best available with above requirements.
Ive been searching for hours and Looks like its hard to pass up the romisen n3 q5 so i will be buying on of these plus maybe another if there is something else that I HAVE to try. Or anything better.

Second is a EDC pocket light: up to $50
tail clicky this is ALMOST a must but will consider w/out
aa, aaa or cr123
great light output and life
Based of the research it looks like the Rexlight was for me but cant seem to find it for sale anywhere, kaidomain and lighthound emailed me saying they no longer carry this. Whats the secret? :sssh:

Now let me have it!

horizonseeker

Enlightened
I keep seeing rexlight being sold on chinese flashlight forums, so I would guess that they are still being made, but for some reason not being carried by dealers overseas.

david.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Romisen RC-N3 Q5 - great light.

For the pocket light, you might want to look into a Fenix L0D Q4 or the new LD01 Q5 -AAA multilevel lights, but with twist switches.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
just a quick reply I have both lights. the romisen is just the light for the jobs even without the cr123 battery option. Several freinds have this or a similar flashlight.

I EDC a Rexlight, but with todays standards you are better served with a modern flashlight (geeee even with the update the rexlight was outdated within a year of its release!)

cool breeze

Newly Enlightened
Im stoked! Got me a Romisen N3 w/ CREE Q5 from shiningbeam.com on the way with a tactical tail cap....not exactly sure whats the difference but for 1.75 it was a no brainer.

I figure ill put the pricey EDC torch on the xmas list:D I like the ex10, good suggestion. Had been checking out the ld01 but just dont want a twisty only, i just like the nitecores power on/off options.