• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Aleph III Quad SSC P4 >> SOLD << PRICE DROP!!

neue

Newly Enlightened
Aleph III Quad SSC P4

Here is a beautiful light for sale. I recently acquired this light, but it is really too nice for my needs as a ride-in-the-glove box light. I'd rather let someone else own it. I am selling the light for the price I paid for it.

This light is the product of the efforts of several well known hobbyists and modders here on CPF. The light has never been used by me other than a 5 min. test, and was only lighly used indoors by the prior owner. It remains in perfect condition.

aleph1.jpg

Specifications:

-HEAD: Aleph III head originally build by Icarus as a Quad-Lux III. The light is fully regulated and optimized to run off of 3xR123s (please use protected cells). The head provides 500 mAs to each emitter. The runtime should be about an hour with rechargeable cells, and approximately 1.5 hrs with primary cells. More recently, the head has been modernized by CM who replaced the Luxeon III emitters with SSC P4s. This pretty much more than doubled the output while maintaining the same runtime. At 500mA per emitter the 4xSSC should be putting out between 550 and 650 lumens!

-BODY: Custom built 3x123 body by Tranquility Base. The anodizing is a great match to the Aleph head.

-TAILCAP: McE2S build by McGizmo. Provides two output levels with push button momentary on switch recessed in protective button guard. Push the button down to get low, little harder for high. The low on this light is VERY LOW, and is perfect for navigating a dark room at night without disturbing the other occupants (like your wife) or ruining your night vision.

-BEZEL: Custom built Aleph III Ti Bezel ring by Tranquility Base.

The price for this light is: SOLD, shipped Priority Mail (CONUS).

Paypal only (cash or CC acceptable), US addresses only. All prices include domestic USPS Priority shipping. First unconditional "I'll take it" gets it. Questions and PM are welcome (although it may take me a day to respond).
Paypal to: mike [at] neue [dot] com
Please add your CPF user name in your Paypal payment somewhere. Thanks.

Please give me a day to respond, since I usually only check my listings in the late evening.

Last edited:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Aleph III Quad SSC P4 **$495**

Being the former owner I can vouch for it condition 99.95% perfect. this light is screamer on high and very useable on low. You can run this A3 head on a single cell e series body with very good results. I was sad to se it go but you'll
be happy to see it in your mail box!
This seller is the Greatest.
The price is even better!!

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Aleph III Quad SSC P4 **$495**

Looks like a split body. Will it take 2x18500? Can the head run on 7.4v?

neue

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Aleph III Quad SSC P4 **$475**

Thanks for the input everyone -- that's what makes this place great.

neue

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Aleph III Quad SSC P4

If I keep a nice light on my nightstand, it might get used as a hammer (probably would work too). Neither my 5 year old son, nor my wife appreciate the distinction between a $5 and $500 light -- of course, they're probably the sane ones!

neue

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Aleph III Quad SSC P4 **$450**

The price is now much less than I paid for it.

Last edited:

neue

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Aleph III Quad SSC P4 **$425** PRICE DROP!!

Price drop.

neue

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Aleph III Quad SSC P4 >> $415 << PRICE DROP!!

Gobble gobble.

donn_

Flashaholic

Nah...It's a great light. One of a kind. When it was here, it always surprised me when I turned it on. Feels good in the hand, and dazzles you when you fire it up.

Fuhgetaboudit

Enlightened

Hello,

Let us know if it is OFFICIALLY SOLD, or not. It appears the purchase was conditioned upon a PM sent with terms and conditions.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast

just asked if i could add insurance :)

still waiting to hear back as well.