Gasoline $1.76

StarHalo

Flashaholic
All hail the return of Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, we goin' racin'

LexusBurnout.jpg

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Part of me wants to see the price increase again. That would mean the demand is up and hence the economy and stock market would be doing better. Meanwhile as long as I keep my job, it's good to spend $20 less a week

I agree, that's why I'm so amazed.

P.S. Higher price of food is equated to the higher cost of petroleum. Do you think we'll see food prices go down? Like taxes, somehow I don't think so.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - just like I thought $4 was too high, <$2 might not really support the industry. I don't know what's the reasonable and fair price. I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Everythings gassed up and we're going to take a camper trip next week instead of staying close.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
My son was spending i[ to $700.00 a month commuting to work prior to the gas price reduction, and he, his and kids are struggling. That will be a break for them. Maybe gas price reduction has not helped the country get out of the hole, but it certainly reduces some stress on ordinary folks, now that the holidays are coming. Also, poor Hugo Chavez is hurting too, with oil at about $50.00 a barrel.

Bill

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's getting closer to that here in California. I don't know if it'll ever be less than $2, who knows.:naughty:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I think it is possible gas will creep lower if we don't get a whopper of a cold front hit the east for awhile causing a lot of heating oil consumption.

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Lowest I've seen is $2.83 for a gallon of regular in Hawaii. Funny how we managed to keep pace with raising gas prices while falling behind in lowering gas prices.

unclearty

Enlightened
IIRC, the OPEC "emergency " meeting is scheduled for DEC 2nd, I think. They are not too happy that they can't get new Bentleys this year. I believe that they will impart an IMMEDIATE output reduction. Hence,.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I'm betting we'll be back in the $3 a gallon range by Feb 1st.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Lowest I've seen is $2.83 for a gallon of regular in Hawaii. Funny how we managed to keep pace with raising gas prices while falling behind in lowering gas prices.

Do you have refineries in Hawaii?

Bill

Paul Baldwin

Enlightened
Hey,
you lot don't know how lucky you are! The cheapest I can buy diesel fuel for my car at the moment is equivalent to $7.99 a gallon!!! It costs me the equivalent of $22 dollars a day just to drive to work and back and my car does 40-50mpg :(

Paul.