New NovaTac problems....

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened
Just got a new Novatac 120T serial no 310XX. Twice already the thing has just not turned on despite repeated clicks on the tail cap. I think it happened after I was going through and testing all the settings. Is this a reset issue or common. I opened it up and cleaned all the terminals w/alchohol and compressed air. It hasen't happened again.

Any comments from the Brain trust - Hivemind??

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure you weren't in a menu somewhere or in a reset? Is the battery fresh or fully charged? I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again with a known good battery. You may have fixed it in cleaning also. You may also want to check here: Link so you can turn your 120T into a programmable model as an Easter egg has been found. Backdoor into programming is a lot of clicks but worth it if you want the 'P' options.

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened
Are you sure you weren't in a menu somewhere or in a reset? Is the battery fresh or fully charged? I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again with a known good battery. You may have fixed it in cleaning also. You may also want to check here: Link so you can turn your 120T into a programmable model as an Easter egg has been found. Backdoor into programming is a lot of clicks but worth it if you want the 'P' options.

Thanks for the reply... It happened again... I put the unit down and when I tried using it later, it would not go on.. I unscrewed the tail cap and re-screwed it and it blinked once and worked fine. It is brand new and the battery is a duracell that came with it.....

TCW 60

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply... It happened again... I put the unit down and when I tried using it later, it would not go on.. I unscrewed the tail cap and re-screwed it and it blinked once and worked fine. It is brand new and the battery is a duracell that came with it.....

Ask the Novatac customersupport. They helped me directly.

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I don't really have much to offer you here, but if you're having problems with the switch responding but the light seems to be getting power fine, I'd suggest looking into the contact the internal spring is making. Possibly give it a gentle lengthening stretch (just a little)?

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened
Problem solved......

Called Novatac and they are sending me a new one with a return label. They tried some trouble shooting and decided a new one is in order.

Thumbs up for customer service.