Leatherman LGX200 aka Fenix L1t v2.0 NiMh?

Evil Homer

Newly Enlightened
Just got the Leatherman LGX200/Blast multitool combo @ costco ($49.99) Nice flashlight! I had the first incarnation of the L1T, and it was o.k., nothing to write home about... Green cast, and not any brighter than a River Rock Target special. The v 2.0 is much improved. Very neutral-while beam. Nice! The instruction say not to use rechargeable batteries though. Could they be referring to 14500's? Certainly NiMh's wouldn't hurt it would they? QUOTE from the instruction manual, including caps... "DO NOT use rechargeable batteries as they may damage the lighting circuitry." :confused:

Evil Homer

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I saw and read the thread you linked. Indeed, I'm just relaying the sentiments of the included instruction manual of the LGX200. Common sense leads me to believe Leatherman is just being conservative/clumsy with their recommendations. I don't recall any regulated flashlights having any trouble with NiMh's. The occasional direct-drive flashlight had over-amperage problems with NiMh's IIRC... Shouldn't be an issue here. Thanks Again!

horizonseeker

Enlightened
on the market place, this light has been tested using alkaline, Nimh, and Li-ion, they all work fine. with li-ion you do lose the low mode, though.

Customerservice@4sevens

Newly Enlightened
they don't exactly work 'fine'

the 14500 cell is too much for the circuitry to handle, thus it can AND will overload the circuit, rendering the light to fail. At that point, then you have a paper weight as the warranty is void when you put that cell in the light. :)