Need Help With Jetbeam Pro ST

gouldian

Newly Enlightened
I received this forward clickie light today but just cant get it set up the way I'd like. On the first click I somehow managed to get the light throwing about 30% brightness which is perfect. The second click is set much too low (default) and the third click gives full brightness without strobe. I'd really like to have it go 30%, full brightness and full brightness with strobe. No matter what I do I can't change the low setting . I understand that its easier to program these where a reverse clickie is installed and maybe this is the problem. I would appreciate any advice you guys can offer. Thanks in advance

Alan_P

Newly Enlightened
The interface in the Jetbeam was designed for a reverse clicky. The discriptions on line are for the reverse clicikes. I have a Jetbeam III ST and here is what i figured out.

The light has three user programmable modes referred to as A, B and C.

When you turn the light on it comes on in mode A. If the light is on in mode A and you quickly turn it fully off and on again it will go into mode B. In mode B turning it fully off and on again will go to mode C. Same takes you from mode C back to A. The on line reverse clicky instructions say to go from one mode to the next you partially depress the switch. I have found that you have to fully depress the switch twice.

There is an alternate way to go from off to mode B or C. To go to mode B partially press the light on, it will light up in mode A. Release the switch and fully press. It will now be in mode B.

The same can be done to go to mode C. Partially press twice and then fully press.

To change brighness start by going into the mode you want to set. Quickly, turn the light off, partially press three times and then fully press to turn it on. It will now be in brightness setting mode and the light will ramp up and down. Turn the light off for at least 2 seconds and the light will set to that brightness for the mode you were in.

To set the strobe start by going into the brightness setting mode. Quickly turn the light off, partially press once and fully press to turn it back on. The light will cycle through the various strobe modes. When you find the one you like turn the light off for more then two seconds and it will remember the setting.

To reset the flashlight to the default settings go into the strobe setting mode. Quickly turn the light off, partially press once and then turn the light off. It will reset to the factory settings.

I hope this helps.

Alan

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use something to make contact between battery and body.

to change brightness, do release-and-contact 3 times. =)

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
learn half-press as like prefocusing with cameras,
when klicking fully on, all the on/offs are boring.

then, as has been posted:
switch into the light level to set by just half-pressing and hold, then release and half press three times to set normal beam, or four times to switch into dazzle mode

* half-press and hold to be in level one. release and press three times, hold the last one, wait for ramping up brightness and release when level is there.
* half-press and release and half-press and hold for level two. release and press three times, hold at last one, wait for ramping up,
* half-press and release, half-press and release, half-press and hold for level three. release and press four times, holding the last one till You get the dazzling wanted)
PS: imho the ramping up goes way to quick

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep, that's the way, u half press to change the mode from A - B - C.

If u want to program mode A then half press once then release and half press 3 times within 2 seconds. when the light blinks twice, it signals the starting of the ramping, you can either fully press at this point or continue holding, i usually fully press. when it reaches the level u want, turn it off and wait for 3 seconds (if u went with holding half press while ramping then fully press and click it off quickly).

To enter the strobe modes, just do another half press while ramping.

Same applies for the other modes, 2 half presses for mode B, then just follow the above procedures.