Fenix LD10 Smooth or Textured

Jaslight

Newly Enlightened
Which do you prefer Smooth or textured reflector

Which is better for general usability. Anyone have screen shots of both reflectors, so I can compare.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
With a textured reflector you get a more uniform beam, better for general purposes. With a smooth one you get less spill but throw is not impressive neither, for such a small reflector.

I'd recommend textured, you get a larger and brighter usable spill.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't get to choose the reflector!

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

streetmaster

Enlightened
He said LD10, not LD01. I can see the wonderful dark spot in your hotspot. The reason I returned my L0D Q4. Although mine was far worse than yours. It looked like a cat's eye. The reflector is to damn small to be smooth. I don't know what the heck Fenix was thinking...

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
He said LD10, not LD01. I can see the wonderful dark spot in your hotspot. The reason I returned my L0D Q4. Although mine was far worse than yours. It looked like a cat's eye. The reflector is to damn small to be smooth. I don't know what the heck Fenix was thinking...

:oops: I don't have a LD10, but I do have the above LD10 (transposition :crazy:) and PD20.

The PD20 has the same size reflector (probably) as the LD10. And the hotspot is free of any tint variations.

streetmaster

Enlightened
:oops: I don't have a LD10, but I do have the above LD10 (transposition :crazy:) and PD20.

The PD20 has the same size reflector (probably) as the LD10. And the hotspot is free of any tint variations.
Yes, the PD20 and LD10 are the exact same head.

And I suggest the OP(textured) reflector, much cleaner beam profile.

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked, my LD20 has a very lightly textured reflector. Looks very reflective, and produces a very nice beam. That's the way to go.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
it only comes in 1 reflector. the beamshot is blotchy imo with the 2 samples i tried. not like a uniform dark cree corona but blotchy. :(

polkiuj

Enlightened
Just my 2 cents,

I've seen both of them in action (in a shop here before i bought mine), and there is little to no difference between the 2. Especially in real world use, it is impossible to tell the difference between the 2.

I got the LOP cos there was only 1 SMO one left and it was the display unit.

=D

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both reflectors, the OP is on the LD20.

I agree with Polkiuj, the difference is small, but there is one. I preffer the SMO one the one cell lights and the OP on the 2 cells lights. My PD30 has an SMO though, I tried it with the OP, in a room you only see that the beam is smoother.

On the LD10 I definetely preffer the SMO, the lower the output, the smoother the reflector! :cool: