surefire 6p led

molson4725

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. First time posting, so please bear with me. Was wondering if someone could tell me the best replacement/upgrade led bulb for a surefire 6p led. The 80 lumens just isn't bright enough for me. I looked at the alpha bulbs on ebay, but not sure if it would work. Are there any better ones out there? Thanks.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Theres a P60 drop in sticky at the top of the page... surf through that, every P60 compatible drop in ever made is discussed in that thread. DX just released a couple new ones so, those are not reviewed yet.

Nice light choice BTW;)

molson4725

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I new it had to be discussed b4 but I couldn't seem to find it. I appreciate the info.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Assuming you are running a pair of CR123s, and plan to continue doing so, My recommendations are as follows, in no particular order:

1. MalkOff M60 or M60F.
2. LumensFactory D26 3.6-13V Selected Tint.
3. DereeLight 1SM-2 5A Q3 or R2...

Pick the M60 if you want a lot of light in the center of the output, with far less "wide spill" effect. Great for longer range use.

Pick the M60F if you want a wall of light out in front of you, great close quarters work.

Pick the LumensFactory Selected Tint if you want a nice balance of usefulness. The beam pattern on these is pretty tight for such a small reflector, but the spill beam is strong as is the case with most reflector loaded LEDs. The Selected tint gets you away from the dreaded "blue" light, which you are probably all to familiar with on your P60L.

Pick the DereeLight 5A Q3 for outdoor use, the warmer color temp will work well there.

Pick the DereeLight R2 for more indoor work, or if you think a "yellow" looking LED might bother you.

If you go with the DereeLight, go ahead and just get both the Smooth and Orange Peel reflector, it's only a couple extra bucks and you can experiment and see what you like. the OP will be fine for almost everything but a smooth reflector can be better outdoors for reaching out.

Eric

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
2. LumensFactory D26 3.6-13V Selected Tint.

That's what I want in this:

leef_18650_1.jpg

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
I have just taken delivery of a Lumens Factory 3.7V special with a selected tint LED. Waiting for it to get dark to try it out but indoors so far it looks like they have produced another good product. I would imagine that it will have a reasonable throw and will be $28 well spent: http://www.lumensfactory.com/product_detail.php?id=73

They even threw in a free Penlite!

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
FYI, the LF 3.7v drop in with a newly charged Pila 600S cell ran continuously for 1 hour 39 minutes and then cut out. So I am happy with that.:)

molson4725

Newly Enlightened
Hey, thanks for all the help guys. All the info you guys provide is awesome!. Thanks again!:p

cruisemissile

Enlightened
That's nice.

I went this route with my 6PL, using the Malkoff M60L for 140 lumens and decent battery life.

XHairs
6PLL.jpg

XHairs
I went to the Malkov site and they rated their drop in at over 200 lumens. I know lumen-measure is a hotly debated topic.
I was thinking of getting myself a 6P (there's a shiny one brand new at wholesalemarineproducts for $47.) that, plus a $49 Malkov drop in, I thought I'd have a 200 lumen "smoker" for about $100.

bunbut

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Butch003 or anyone: can I get the extension in the pic in Butch003's post? the one make it run on 3 batteries instead of 2? Is it custom or can get at some online store? about how much?

I like that set up, will have to save up and get that.

Thanks.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Butch003 or anyone: can I get the extension in the pic in Butch003's post? the one make it run on 3 batteries instead of 2? Is it custom or can get at some online store? about how much?

I like that set up, will have to save up and get that.

Thanks.

I got that extention tube on ebay. It blends right in an fits perfect on my 6P. Search: surefire 6P to 9P conversion.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Quick question... My Surefire 6P LED arrived today and I`m curious about the tail "switch".
if you want the light ON you have to screw the tail cap all the way on and then undo it a little to switch it off, if you try clicking the switch it`s momentary only and doesn`t actually click per se.
Is this normal or is my switch fubar?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yup. That's normal. It's momentary by pressing and Constant on by screwing all the way down. Very reliable.