The one I wish were made: A SureFire Headlamp with LED/HOLA capability...

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
This is a copy & link from my post on the SF forum:

Ok. Pull up a chair and hear me out.

The one light I wish SF would produce is a 2-cell, LED driven, headlamp. It would need to me waterproof (Pyrex lens) and made from the Nitrolon material used for the G / GZ series. Ideally, it would have a 3 LED LA, and/or take P-series LAs (P60 & P61).

Here's why (the short version):

I used to carry my M2 + M65 cap & SC1, an Inova X5, and a Princeton Tec Predator headlamp (with a PT Matrix LED mod, (2) lithium AAs, and a red lens cover) for field duty (USMC).

I have recently resorted back to carrying the following:

(1) PT Predator headlamp / Matrix LED mod /lithium AAs / red lens cover
(1) CMG Infinity (Red LED) with a Lithium AA
(1) PT Tec-40 (OD green / red lens cap) / with 4 lithium AAs. (I "retired" this when I got my M2, but it has been re-commissioned).
(1)*(now only if I anticipate urban engagement): My M2...

Now, don't get me wrong, I prefer my M2 / Inova X5 combo ANYDAY to the others – IF I have the luxury of plenty of 123s around. However, I don't have this luxury. Also, I have so many other things that need AAs (NVG equipment, radios, etc.), that I decided that it would be simpler resorting to carrying only 1 kind of battery…

That being said…..IF SureFire made an LED headlamp that had a red filter option and provided the long burn time associated with LED lights (the option of it being able to take a P60/P61 would be GREAT too), I could carry just my M2, this new headlamp, and an SC1 (or three). (I would get over my 1 battery-type fetish in this case…
smile.gif
)

Then I would be down to just two lights – a long burn-time headlamp and an "in-your-face" assault light. Both could be fed with the same SC1…and life would be good.

Comments?

smile.gif

http://186thousand.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000155

D

**DONOTDELETE**

It would be if you had a switch wired from your headlamp to your mouth. You bite the pressure pad and bam! 225lm wherever you look.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have been reading up on all the past topics lately and I seem to remember someone was putting P61s in Double Barrels (6 AA kind). Can't find the link now and forget the guy who did it but if someone who remembers or can find the link will post it you may be able to get him to make you something. He seemed in to that kind of thing.
I agree it would be cool to have a SureFire headlamp but watch it if the BG tries to shoot the light. A shot hand or arm is one thing but......well, it could get ugly.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire headlamp...
I can't image what one would look like
shocked.gif

I suppose SureFire could have some sort of "TID" on the bezel!!
grin.gif

Al
grin.gif

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by FNG:
Thats not very tactical.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">True, but it come in very handy when trying to navigate tunnels/sewers, reading maps in vehicles, when setting up tents, in the winter, when bivouacked, etc... One would of course not want to wear it (turned on anyway) when on an assult - as to give the BGs a "red dot" to shoot at...
wink.gif