Rebus

Enlightened
Is the Inretech MM adapter a direct drive
unit or does it have some sort of step-up
circuit?

-Rebus

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to take another look at how much current it draws... It's way over the 350ma spec... It's not going to be driven (with DD) at 1.25watts...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, my BB400Q3L is much brighter than my Inretech or the higher driven BB500... One of my DD CMG Reactors, probably because of the LS, is insanely bright. However, it's pulling almost 450ma at 3.23V (Li-AA), or 1.5W...

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is running more then 350ma, then the circuit is most likely boosting the voltage up for the LED; the problem with boost circuits is that on the average they are only 68-70% eff due to the inductor losses

shipinretech

Enlightened
Inretech, pixie drive!

"How can it (3.4 v) be so bright on only 3 volts???"

That is technically proprietary knowledge that we cannot disclose. On an unrelated subject: we categorically deny the scurrilous rumors regarding pixie dust in our products. Those rumors are the complete fabrication of our competitors who have an unethically close relationship to the People for the Ethical Treatment of Pixies. Our decision to exclusively use Pixie-Americans in our manufacturing and shipping departments merely reflects our committment to diversity in the workplace. Although numerous metamophing effects have been attributed to pixie dust, it has never been determined to be a carcinogen outside the laboratory. The lowest replaceable component of our adapters is the adapter and we do not recommend disassembling them without professional tools and near a lot of cold iron.

The brightness of our product is due to the quality of the materials and production techniques, not pixie dust.