Found a two mode 6P clone

DCP117

Newly Enlightened
I remember reading a few months back that people were looking for a 2 mode light because there don't seem to be many of them out there. I found one on DX that I never noticed before. It has a P4 emitter but I still might get it for my wife. She wanted a two mode light and this might fit the bill. Is it possible to put a Q5 on this?

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15337

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Looks like a P60 host. Its rumored that these are just Solarforce rebrands. I don't see why a DX dropin woudln't fit if that assumption is correct.

Not sure how the tailcap works, or how reliable it is though. Probably a resistor network of some kind.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well it is a solarforce L-2 clone and has it inner parts too there is already place on the switches board for a resistor .

See this pic I took some time ago!

53885360xe1.jpg

So ANY L-2 can be modded into a two stage light.

enjoy, kostas

jimz

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of the Solarforce lights, and now you've got me thinking.
Wouldn't you have to replace the switch though, with a 3 tab model
(Input - On 1 - On 2)?

Anyone know where to get a good switch of the proper size and configuration? The SF switch appears to be well made and fairly robust.
You wouldn't want to put in a piece of junk.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of the Solarforce lights, and now you've got me thinking.
Wouldn't you have to replace the switch though, with a 3 tab model
(Input - On 1 - On 2)?

indeed! DX has one....

Anyone know where to get a good switch of the proper size and configuration? The SF switch appears to be well made and fairly robust.You wouldn't want to put in a piece of junk.

Then you go for surefire, and the rest of the non-chinese makers...but i do not see a chance of a two mode one...