3x123a primaries in 2x18500: what wrap?

Billy Berue

Newly Enlightened
Guys, I have a Leef 2x18500 on order that I plan to use with AW's protected 18500's and an M60. As a backup, I like that I can use 3 of the 123a primaries. But I can't live with any rattling from the primaries. What can I say, I'm anal. :shrug:

What are you guys using, if anyting, to wrap the primary cells with. I've searched, but haven't found much. I've seen a few folks say they just use paper, but that seems like a...well...."pedestrian"...solution. :sigh:

Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why you wouldn't use paper. It's free and you can get less than .005in clearance and it's soft enough that it won't rattle even if there's lots of clearance.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
the rattle *is* very annoying. I used plain paper but need a better solution. Something readily available at home, so I don't have to buy it.

FWIW, 3x123 rattled even in the original Surefire 9P. I used a thin layer of paper.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks.

How about lining up the three cells on some saran wrap/plastic wrap and make a quasi-batterypack. If you pull the wrap tight enough, and get it around the cells without too much distortion, it'd probably work really well.

Just an idea, I've never tried it before.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the OP is looking for a semi permanent solution. One that won't die after a few uses. Like a hard plastic sleeve.

The Olight M20 comes with a plastic battery holder for two cells.

I really can't think of anything. :confused:

Agent_Jaws

Newly Enlightened
I don't think PVC/Rubber tubing could be had for the thickness you would need in this application. Rubber tubing maybe, but then you'd probably have a hell of a time trying to get cells in and out of the tubing before putting it into the light. My suggestion would be copper tubing sized to fit primaries, possibly with heat shrink tubing on the outside to prevent a metal-to-metal rattle against the tube.