Imalent        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fenix TK11 versus Eagletac T10C2

Default Fenix TK11 versus Eagletac T10C2

Hi all. Been reading alot in these forums about upgrading the flashlight I carry on my gunbelt. I'm considering the Fenix TK11 and the Eagletac T10C2. I would appreciate your opinions on these two lights and, of course, your opinions on any other recommended lights. Thanks for your time!!

Default Re: Fenix TK11 versus Eagletac T10C2

I was considering the same 2 lights. I went with the Fenix TK11 for the better throw. I bought it from 4sevens. Its a very bright light, and easilly the brightest of the few that I have (2D mag., Streamlight Scorpion, Coast Lenser).

I have the Fenix TK10 and EagleTac T10C2 and, as an LEO, use the EagleTac T10C2 almost exclusively. The EagleTac T10C2 puts out a good deal more light than the TK10, lighting up a much larger area. I also seems to throw better than the TK10, but I think it just may be that it lights up a much larger area than the TK10 it just appears that way.
    If you want a dot a long way away, get a laser pointer or a dedicated long range thrower. To actually illuminate at a distance, get the T10C2.
    BTW, there are several unbiased comparisons on this forum of these two lights, do a search and check them out, including MrGman's Integrated sphere measurements (yeah, the T10C2 really is that much brighter than the TK11).

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4U View Post
    I have the Fenix TK10 and EagleTac T10C2 and, as an LEO, use the EagleTac T10C2 almost exclusively. The EagleTac T10C2 puts out a good deal more light than the TK10, lighting up a much larger area. I also seems to throw better than the TK10, but I think it just may be that it lights up a much larger area than the TK10 it just appears that way.
    If you want a dot a long way away, get a laser pointer or a dedicated long range thrower. To actually illuminate at a distance, get the T10C2.
    BTW, there are several unbiased comparisons on this forum of these two lights, do a search and check them out, including MrGman's Integrated sphere measurements (yeah, the T10C2 really is that much brighter than the TK11).

I looked and couldn't find much info on the T10C2. Point me in the right direction?

yea, I'm checking for more into on the Eagletac T10C2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4U View Post
    Where do I find this?

Outer Galactic Rim Of The Coruscant Star System

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=211402

I have both lights as well. The T10C2 is lighter than the TK11 and produces a very smooth beam with virtually no rings. It also has a bigger spill diameter, so for tactical purposes, I would imagine it to be more useful for your line of work. It should produce a good 40-50 lumens (hard to detect with the naked eye) more than the T1, TK10 or TK11. Good luck in finding your next light!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobiwan View Post
    Maybe this is what you're looking for.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=211402

I have both lights as well. The T10C2 is lighter than the TK11 and produces a very smooth beam with virtually no rings. It also has a bigger spill diameter, so for tactical purposes, I would imagine it to be more useful for your line of work. It should produce a good 40-50 lumens (hard to detect with the naked eye) more than the T1, TK10 or TK11. Good luck in finding your next light!
    Thanks Noobiwan for your input. I greatly appreciate it! I was ready to buy the TK11 until I saw some info on the T10C2. Now, I'm back to square one, and considering the Eagletac! Again, Thanks!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbambam View Post
    Thanks Noobiwan for your input. I greatly appreciate it! I was ready to buy the TK11 until I saw some info on the T10C2. Now, I'm back to square one, and considering the Eagletac! Again, Thanks!
    +1 for the Eagletac T10C2. an alternative for a larger spot and a narrower spill is the Eagletac P10C2. The beam output differences appear to be intended for different purposes. I like both, but had plans to gift one of them....so much for plans.

The EagleTac T10C2 model is definitely brighter, beautiful beam, but the price is more current draw and less run time. The Fenix TK11 will have longer run time. In the end I would go with the EagleTac and carry spare primary batteries. They are both great high quality products. I can definitely see a 50 lumen difference in the testing I have done (against the Fenix T1 225 lumens measured output). The EagleTac lights up the shooting range I test it at like nobody's business wall to wall. And they are both around the same output level in low mode, which is also very useful.

Does the head of the EagleTac T10C fit on any other lights? Thanks for the info. I will be trying a couple of these light soon.

The EagleTac blows the TK11 out of the water, there is no contest.

Flashaholic

I still prefer the TK11 for duty use. Its well built, throws alot of light, and can operate on a single 18650. I prefer knowing my light is fully charged every tour and that I have the option of using primaries should I run the rechargeable battery dry while on the street.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

i own the TK10, TK11, T10C, and T10C2. this is how i would rate them in order of brightness, then in actual throw (distance):

Brightness Throw
    1. T10C2 1. TK11
    2. TK11 2. T10C2
    3. T10C 3. T10C
    4. TK10 4. TK10

the only benifit that would be realized getting the TK11 would be several hundred feet out.

the T10C2 has just about as much throw, but a much smoother beam, and brightness from the T10C2 is phenominal (i have two TK11's, and two T10C2's and one of each are overacheiver's, both of the brightest are very close in comparison, but the beam is much prettier on the T10C2).

get some RCR's and a T10C2, and get the T10C as a backup

Quote Originally Posted by The Sun View Post
    i own the TK10, TK11, T10C, and T10C2. this is how i would rate them in order of brightness, then in actual throw (distance):

Brightness Throw
    1. T10C2 1. TK11
    2. TK11 2. T10C2
    3. T10C 3. T10C
    4. TK10 4. TK10

the only benifit that would be realized getting the TK11 would be several hundred feet out.

the T10C2 has just about as much throw, but a much smoother beam, and brightness from the T10C2 is phenominal (i have two TK11's, and two T10C2's and one of each are overacheiver's, both of the brightest are very close in comparison, but the beam is much prettier on the T10C2).

get some RCR's and a T10C2, and get the T10C as a backup
    Thanks for the info. It seems that the T10C2 is extremely small. I wonder how I'll like it when taking info on calls or traffic stops?!? Tucking it under my arm to write on a notebook? As my primary it is more than bright enough but now I have to decide if it's actually too small now.

Now, where is the best place to buy the Eagletac T10C2? I checked ebay and found one listing but don't trust the seller. Best place for the price. Thanks!

Four- Sevens is one: cpf8 discount code :the T10L 18650 model may be out now.

http://www.eagletac-store.com/index.php
    Striker VG, SL Scorpion Led, Huntlight FT01, Wolf Eyes 9 v Raider, D-Mini Lumapower, Drumlights, Surefire G2, Dereelight ,Ultrafire 500, Power on Board HID, Olight T 20 Q 5, Zebralight H-30, Nitecore EX 10, Eagletac T10C2, MTE P 7D, Icon Rogue 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse one View Post

Thanks! Are they looking to upgrade? Maybe I should wait for the newer model.
    Last edited by sgtbambam; 11-21-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"
    -John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse one View Post

Okay, bought the T10C2 today. Paid $61.18. I'll rate the light when it comes in.
    -John Wayne

Flashaholic*

Currently I've pretty much settled on the Surefire C2-HA as a host for 2xCR123A cells. I also use the Fenix P3D still great light (better with PEU tube).

For 18650 I must say the TK11 is a great thrower and a very well built light. I bought the EagleTac T10L (18650 based light) and it is a very nice light. Quite a bit slimmer and lighter than by other 18650 lights and the C2.

As others have stated the beam on the EagleTacs is beautifully smooth, indoors this looks so nice. Outdoors though the TK11 had no problem out throwing it and I found less advantage in the EagleTac's somewhat cooler tint flood beam. The test was not that long but I think I would take the TK11 outdoors. However the T10C2 is brighter than the T10L, so between those two I may choose different. I only compare the TK11 though to other 18650 based lights.

Next up is the JetBeam III-M which I will compare a little tonight against the TK11. I noticed the inside diameter of the battery tube on the III-M is a bit smaller than both the TK11 and T10L; which will mean less battery rattle. An AW 18650 though fits no problem very smooth, something much thicker may not. I like the looks of the JetBeam and the Fenix much more than the EagleTac, but it's not very important as the T10L looks OK.

Lucky it seems like they are all very good lights.

yea, I was torn between the TK11 and the T10C2. I know that the TK11 out throws the Eagletac but reviews I've read seem to say that the T10C2 will be more useful to me in a LE Patrol environment.
    -John Wayne

Flashaholic*

Ya no problem. I think for your application you probably made the right choice. It's just not an 18650 based light so I thought I'd comment on the EagleTac T10L, as I'm sure many people reading this thread will consider it. There is more written about the T10C2. I'm pretty sure it's going to workout well for you and the lighter weight could also be an advantage. Looking forward to your actual usage reports.

I'm very happy with my Fenix TK11 but I might be getting an Eagletac also. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by StandardBattery View Post
    Ya no problem. I think for your application you probably made the right choice. It's just not an 18650 based light so I thought I'd comment on the EagleTac T10L, as I'm sure many people reading this thread will consider it. There is more written about the T10C2. I'm pretty sure it's going to workout well for you and the lighter weight could also be an advantage. Looking forward to your actual usage reports.
    I will be curious about your real-world experience too. I have the T10C2 and the JetBeam III-M. Both are very well-made lights, with the Jet being a little more versatile given that it can take all of the cells that both the T10L and T10C2 can use.

However, the EagleTac really has a much nicer beam IMO: very bright, very good throw, and floods an area beautifully. To me the EagleTacs have much the smoother and more useful all-around beams. With the T10L, if you need emergency runtime and have no more spare 18650 or 17670 li-ions, you're probably stuck. You can't just pick up or borrow a couple of the more easily available CR123As either because the T10L can't use them. The T10C2 on the other hand allows you to use rechargeable RCR123As, and keep primary CR123As around as backup power.

Quote Originally Posted by faucon View Post
    I will be curious about your real-world experience too. use rechargeable RCR123As, and keep primary CR123As around as backup power.
    I will surely do my best to rate the light when I get it. Although, I'm sure I won't be able to do as good a job as some of you do with your reviews. I guess mine will be a real world usage review. My plan is to use the rechargeable rcr123's and keep a couple packs of cr123s in the bag. I e-mailed Eagletac and they sent me the following message pertaining to the batteries for the T10C2:

FROM EAGLETAC:
    "The T10C2 is compatiable with rechargeable CR123. We have our upcoming rechargeable batteries series. For the time being, we recommend AW's rechargeable RCR123A, protected. All the standard 700mAh version, LiFeSo4 version, and the LiMH version would work."

I thought that some of you might find this info interesting.
    -John Wayne

Flashaholic*

A real-world input on the T10C2 and P10C2 is that the CR123 and RCR123 3.7v (AW) cells function nicely. Unfortunately the RCR123 3.0v cells function only for a short while and then the output drops to a low brightness. Why? the voltage dropping method in the RCR123 3.0v cells that I have (Powerizer) overheats with the current draw of the T/P10C2 lights. I assume that continued use would ruin the cells. The same RCR123 3.0v cells function satisfactorily in the Fenix P3D-Q5 lights (2x123).

You may want to add the Olight M20 Premium to the lights under consideration.

First of all, direct T10C2 competitor from Fenix is TK10. OP reflector, similar lux/1m lux numbers and works on CR/RCR123 only. In spite of similar throw EagleTac is brighter overall.
    TK11 and T10L are different lights. TK11 has smooth reflector (better throw but more artifacts) and is able to work on both CR123 and 18650 (but with no regulation, brightness drops gradually).
    T10L in 18650(only) version of T10C2 - the same reflector and flat regulation.

M20 is nice light, quite expensive. Similar to TK11 - good throw and CR123/18650 ability.

Some advantages of the M20:
    -Takes CR123A, RCR123A and 18650's as noted
    -Brighter than TK10/TK11
    -extra level of output AND a tactical strobe instead of just high/low
    -Highly 'customizable' (grip ring, clip, bezel all removable)
    -can opt for SMO reflector - user changeable
    -high quality accessories; holster, lanyard, battery magazine
    -color choice (black or ODG)
    -weapon mount and pressure switch available

My .02

Speakin of the M20, what do the aftermarket tests show on the lumens and spill?
    -John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast