Fenix TK11 versus Eagletac T10C2

sgtbambam

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Been reading alot in these forums about upgrading the flashlight I carry on my gunbelt. I'm considering the Fenix TK11 and the Eagletac T10C2. I would appreciate your opinions on these two lights and, of course, your opinions on any other recommended lights. Thanks for your time!!

chris4x4

Newly Enlightened
I was considering the same 2 lights. I went with the Fenix TK11 for the better throw. I bought it from 4sevens. Its a very bright light, and easilly the brightest of the few that I have (2D mag., Streamlight Scorpion, Coast Lenser).

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
I have the Fenix TK10 and EagleTac T10C2 and, as an LEO, use the EagleTac T10C2 almost exclusively. The EagleTac T10C2 puts out a good deal more light than the TK10, lighting up a much larger area. I also seems to throw better than the TK10, but I think it just may be that it lights up a much larger area than the TK10 it just appears that way.
If you want a dot a long way away, get a laser pointer or a dedicated long range thrower. To actually illuminate at a distance, get the T10C2.
BTW, there are several unbiased comparisons on this forum of these two lights, do a search and check them out, including MrGman's Integrated sphere measurements (yeah, the T10C2 really is that much brighter than the TK11).

sgtbambam

Newly Enlightened
I have the Fenix TK10 and EagleTac T10C2 and, as an LEO, use the EagleTac T10C2 almost exclusively. The EagleTac T10C2 puts out a good deal more light than the TK10, lighting up a much larger area. I also seems to throw better than the TK10, but I think it just may be that it lights up a much larger area than the TK10 it just appears that way.
If you want a dot a long way away, get a laser pointer or a dedicated long range thrower. To actually illuminate at a distance, get the T10C2.
BTW, there are several unbiased comparisons on this forum of these two lights, do a search and check them out, including MrGman's Integrated sphere measurements (yeah, the T10C2 really is that much brighter than the TK11).

I looked and couldn't find much info on the T10C2. Point me in the right direction?

sgtbambam

Newly Enlightened

Where do I find this?

Noobiwan

Newly Enlightened
Outer Galactic Rim Of The Coruscant Star System
Maybe this is what you're looking for.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211402

I have both lights as well. The T10C2 is lighter than the TK11 and produces a very smooth beam with virtually no rings. It also has a bigger spill diameter, so for tactical purposes, I would imagine it to be more useful for your line of work. It should produce a good 40-50 lumens (hard to detect with the naked eye) more than the T1, TK10 or TK11. Good luck in finding your next light!

sgtbambam

Newly Enlightened
Maybe this is what you're looking for.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211402

I have both lights as well. The T10C2 is lighter than the TK11 and produces a very smooth beam with virtually no rings. It also has a bigger spill diameter, so for tactical purposes, I would imagine it to be more useful for your line of work. It should produce a good 40-50 lumens (hard to detect with the naked eye) more than the T1, TK10 or TK11. Good luck in finding your next light!

Thanks Noobiwan for your input. I greatly appreciate it! I was ready to buy the TK11 until I saw some info on the T10C2. Now, I'm back to square one, and considering the Eagletac! Again, Thanks!

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Noobiwan for your input. I greatly appreciate it! I was ready to buy the TK11 until I saw some info on the T10C2. Now, I'm back to square one, and considering the Eagletac! Again, Thanks!

+1 for the Eagletac T10C2. an alternative for a larger spot and a narrower spill is the Eagletac P10C2. The beam output differences appear to be intended for different purposes. I like both, but had plans to gift one of them....so much for plans.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EagleTac T10C2 model is definitely brighter, beautiful beam, but the price is more current draw and less run time. The Fenix TK11 will have longer run time. In the end I would go with the EagleTac and carry spare primary batteries. They are both great high quality products. I can definitely see a 50 lumen difference in the testing I have done (against the Fenix T1 225 lumens measured output). The EagleTac lights up the shooting range I test it at like nobody's business wall to wall. And they are both around the same output level in low mode, which is also very useful.

Optik49

Enlightened
Does the head of the EagleTac T10C fit on any other lights? Thanks for the info. I will be trying a couple of these light soon.

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
I still prefer the TK11 for duty use. Its well built, throws alot of light, and can operate on a single 18650. I prefer knowing my light is fully charged every tour and that I have the option of using primaries should I run the rechargeable battery dry while on the street.

The Sun

Enlightened
i own the TK10, TK11, T10C, and T10C2. this is how i would rate them in order of brightness, then in actual throw (distance):

Brightness Throw
1. T10C2 1. TK11
2. TK11 2. T10C2
3. T10C 3. T10C
4. TK10 4. TK10

the only benifit that would be realized getting the TK11 would be several hundred feet out.

the T10C2 has just about as much throw, but a much smoother beam, and brightness from the T10C2 is phenominal (i have two TK11's, and two T10C2's and one of each are overacheiver's, both of the brightest are very close in comparison, but the beam is much prettier on the T10C2).

get some RCR's and a T10C2, and get the T10C as a backup :whistle:

sgtbambam

Newly Enlightened
i own the TK10, TK11, T10C, and T10C2. this is how i would rate them in order of brightness, then in actual throw (distance):

Brightness Throw
1. T10C2 1. TK11
2. TK11 2. T10C2
3. T10C 3. T10C
4. TK10 4. TK10

the only benifit that would be realized getting the TK11 would be several hundred feet out.

the T10C2 has just about as much throw, but a much smoother beam, and brightness from the T10C2 is phenominal (i have two TK11's, and two T10C2's and one of each are overacheiver's, both of the brightest are very close in comparison, but the beam is much prettier on the T10C2).

get some RCR's and a T10C2, and get the T10C as a backup :whistle:

Thanks for the info. It seems that the T10C2 is extremely small. I wonder how I'll like it when taking info on calls or traffic stops?!? Tucking it under my arm to write on a notebook? As my primary it is more than bright enough but now I have to decide if it's actually too small now.

sgtbambam

Newly Enlightened
Now, where is the best place to buy the Eagletac T10C2? I checked ebay and found one listing but don't trust the seller. Best place for the price. Thanks!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently I've pretty much settled on the Surefire C2-HA as a host for 2xCR123A cells. I also use the Fenix P3D still great light (better with PEU tube).

For 18650 I must say the TK11 is a great thrower and a very well built light. I bought the EagleTac T10L (18650 based light) and it is a very nice light. Quite a bit slimmer and lighter than by other 18650 lights and the C2.

As others have stated the beam on the EagleTacs is beautifully smooth, indoors this looks so nice. Outdoors though the TK11 had no problem out throwing it and I found less advantage in the EagleTac's somewhat cooler tint flood beam. The test was not that long but I think I would take the TK11 outdoors. However the T10C2 is brighter than the T10L, so between those two I may choose different. I only compare the TK11 though to other 18650 based lights.

Next up is the JetBeam III-M which I will compare a little tonight against the TK11. I noticed the inside diameter of the battery tube on the III-M is a bit smaller than both the TK11 and T10L; which will mean less battery rattle. An AW 18650 though fits no problem very smooth, something much thicker may not. I like the looks of the JetBeam and the Fenix much more than the EagleTac, but it's not very important as the T10L looks OK.

Lucky it seems like they are all very good lights.