EX10 GDP problem

EdB

Newly Enlightened
With the head screwed down and the piston switch disengaged the led still emits a faint glow. The only way to turn it completely off is to unscrew the head. Has anyone else seen this?

litetube

Enlightened
Yup this has been documented with the PDs before.
You might want to consider getting a replacement. i dont think there is a fix for this.

Novaflash

Newly Enlightened
I had the same issue with my Q5 EX10. I contacted 4sevens and his guys at the store sent me a replacement before I even sent mine back. They asked my to try cleaning contacts and spreading the switch ring and no dice.

It is nice to know there are people out there who stand behind a product and make things right. Shoot them an email you wont be disappointed.

EdB

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I did what you said and cleaned the contacts and spread the ring and that seems to have cleared it up for now. Thanks for the info!

Mobenzowner

Newly Enlightened
I had the same issue with my Q5 EX10. I contacted 4sevens and his guys at the store sent me a replacement before I even sent mine back. They asked my to try cleaning contacts and spreading the switch ring and no dice.

It is nice to know there are people out there who stand behind a product and make things right. Shoot them an email you wont be disappointed.

My ex10 with the gdp also stays on with a slight glow even when turned off. I have to unscrew the head about 1/2 turn to get it to completely turn off. Cleaning the contacts have not helped, but what are you talking about when "spreading the switch ring"? Are you meaning the copper/brass colored ring under the head?