Amateur Radio?

tincanblower

Newly Enlightened
Hey,
I'm new here - just wondered if there were any other Radio Hams on the site?
Most Radio Amateurs I know seem to have a fetish with lights - I just wondered if the same was true in reverse?
Cheers es 73,

Matt
M0PTO - UK Radio Amateur

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
Hey,
I'm new here - just wondered if there were any other Radio Hams on the site?
Most Radio Amateurs I know seem to have a fetish with lights - I just wondered if the same was true in reverse?
Cheers es 73,

Matt
M0PTO - UK Radio Amateur

Also a Radio Amateur with a KC8 callsign. :)

Which reminds me, it expires in mid 2009, so right about now would be a good time to get the paper work started ;)

KD5XB

Enlightened
Last time I did a straight renewal, with no mods, I was able to do it all online and it was FAST. You'll need your ULN to do it. You can do it yourself, and I think it's a bit tedious, or else you can go here and get the W5YI group to do it. W5YI charges $8, they're REALLY fast, but they ARE the group that lobbied so hard to do away with the CW requirement, so some avoid them because of that.

Seems I recall that you can't renew your license until within 90 days of expiration, but not 100% sure that's right.

7 3

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
Last time I did a straight renewal, with no mods, I was able to do it all online and it was FAST. You'll need your ULN to do it. You can do it yourself, and I think it's a bit tedious, or else you can go here and get the W5YI group to do it. W5YI charges $8, they're REALLY fast, but they ARE the group that lobbied so hard to do away with the CW requirement, so some avoid them because of that.

Seems I recall that you can't renew your license until within 90 days of expiration, but not 100% sure that's right.

7 3

This will be my first renewal since I got the license. Mostly I just want to figure out the process and get all my flashlights in a row so to speak. :)

Last edited:

KD5XB

Enlightened
It would probably be easier and quicker to have the W5YI group do it, especially if you haven't tried it before.

7 3

tincanblower

Newly Enlightened
Wow - so quite a few hams then... no other UK ones so far though. Hope I'm not the only one!

Matt

LightBen

Newly Enlightened
I've been a ham for 15 years. Unfortunately, I'm not as active as I was a few years ago... but I'm hoping to become more "radioactive" again soon. It is a great hobby.