How many still use the Lowes Taskforce 2C?

roymail

Enlightened
I remember all the hooplah about the Lowes Taskforce 2C when it first came out. I just wondered how many are still sold on this light and how well it has held up over time and with use?

ypsifly

Enlightened
I've had one for a few months and I still like it a lot. I mainly use when taking garbage out to the dumpster at night. Raccoons hate it. I've also used it night fishing and its great for that too. I can check my favorite spot from far away. Plenty of light for seeing where others are set up on the bank. One night it rolled from the seat of my truck and landed on pavement with no problems.

The Husky 2D is the new cheap thrower, so its taken some of the hype from the TF 2C. In fact, I'm considering walking down the street and picking one up.:naughty:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Haven't used mine much at all. Its just a little too bulky for my tastes. Its a nice light for the $$$ though, and comes with a nice belt holster. The TF can be completely taken apart and modded, theres no glue or adhesive anywhere. Theres lots of room inside the driver pill to accept 16-17mm DC-DC boards from DX or Kai. Its got a great Fraen optic, that floods nicely despite its central hot spot.

It would make a nice mod host for a pair of 18500 cells, pushing a high current driver and a Cree R2/Q5.

Too bad no one makes a 3.6V C-sized cell.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I have had the Task Force for nearly 5 months now and have carried edc "EVERY DAY:rock:!" The light went though 18 C batteries, killed two 3300 mah NiMH cells. And had it's 18650 charged about every other night for the last month:faint:. This light has seen serious use every day since I bought it. The light has been dropped at least 15 times on to pavement, every night on to my wood floor with my belt, and 2x off my 20 foot high porch "funny story:crackup:". This thing has been used as a bike light, and seen crazy downpours on multiple occasions and has gone throw 3 different lanyards:drool::eek:! The thing is tuff as nails and then some:caution:. The other great thing about this light is that the clear anodizing really covers up scratches and dings. You can barely see any in the photos though a pone closer inspection the light shows it's scared surface like the surface of the moon:sssh:. The holster has been worn down to the point were the average person would throw it away:sick2:, though I improvised:devil:… reinforcing the back strap
after it almost fell off and just nor caring about it's tattered look.
Though all this seems to be coming to an end…I just received my EDC-P7:bow:
which will primarily replace the Task Force in less then extreme conditions;). To be fair it just gets out classed by the new light however the Task Force will forever be in my arsenal for main duty lights:kiss:. While it's holster will carry the EDC-P7:rock:.

Sorry about the random advertisement things at the bottom of those two photos, I don't know were those came from:confused::shrug:?

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would make a nice mod host for a pair of 18500 cells, pushing a high current driver and a Cree R2/Q5.

Too bad no one makes a 3.6V C-sized cell.

Yes they do:twothumbs. light hound sells a AW 3.7 volt 3300 mah C cell. They are a tad bit longer then normal though:sigh: "not that it matters stock you could only run one" and I don't know were you would buy a charger:confused:? By the way how would you fit two 18650s in there:thinking:?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Yes they do:twothumbs. light hound sells a AW 3.7 volt 3300 mah C cell. They are a tad bit longer then normal though:sigh: "not that it matters stock you could only run one" and I don't know were you would buy a charger:confused:? By the way how would you fit two 18650s in there:thinking:?

Oh cool... I haven't been surfing the electronics & battery sub-forum lately. Yeah, charging would require some DIY skills I think.

18500s are as long as C... IIRC. So you'd need some more rolled up paper to prevent cell rattle with the 18mm cells. But length-wise 2x18500 = 2x26500

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh cool... I haven't been surfing the electronics & battery sub-forum lately. Yeah, charging would require some DIY skills I think.

18500s are as long as C... IIRC. So you'd need some more rolled up paper to prevent cell rattle with the 18mm cells. But length-wise 2x18500 = 2x26500

Oh I though you said 18650, not 18500, my bad:crazy:.

KD5XB

Enlightened
I've had one of these lights for quite a while, now. The rubber grip is loose and will easily spin around the body of the flashlight, the beam isn't the greatest, but I use it almost every day at work. Driving an 18-wheeler, it's handy to check the rig over when you change trailers at night, check the tires, oil, etc. It's been a pretty reliable light. Other lights will completely cover it up, but still the Task Force is reliable and works pretty well.

flashlife

Enlightened
I've used my TF 2C every night for 2 years. No issues at all, batts seem to last forever..but then I'm just walking the dog, taking out trash, etc...not running a night marathon every night. :)

It's got all the throw and spill I need to 'see away'. For close up work, I use something more floody.

bob4apple

Enlightened
I still use mine, mainly for walking rural roads at night. A neighbor told me I
scared her, because she thought I was a car with one headlight out, driving
slowly up the wrong side of the street!

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
I noticed the price at Lowes has been reduced to under 25 bucks now. I always liked the size of a 2c light so I will probably get this or the RockRiver 2C at Target. I like the Rock River light better but I have heard it doesn't have near the throw of the TF.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect I have one of the only ones in the UK, and it makes a really good thrower/loaner light to people who aren't idiots. I love the optic; the combination of close range flood and intense hotspot is hard to beat IMO. Running mine on 18650.

edit: cree lights say "60x" on the package, luxeon lights say "30x"

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the price at Lowes has been reduced to under 25 bucks now. I always liked the size of a 2c light so I will probably get this or the RockRiver 2C at Target. I like the Rock River light better but I have heard it doesn't have near the throw of the TF.

The RiverRock Nightfire 2c has nowhere near the throw of the Taskforce, but both lights have nearly the exact same overall output.
If throw is what you're looking for, the Husky 2D blows the pants off of the Taskforce!

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I still love my Task Force and think it has an awesome beam. It has great throw and a very usable perfect circle of light.

I recently wanted to get an ultimate thrower for EDC, so I bought a larger lantern style flashlight that would have at least twice the throw of the Husky 2D, but I still use my Task Force all the time, especially when I need a small light that can fit in my pocket.

IMHO the TF is an unbeatable light at its price point and has unbeatable throw for its size!

I give the Task Force 5 stars. :twothumbs

Last edited:

sawlight

Enlightened
Since the purchase of my 9P the TF doesn't come out much. But I know it's there, and for a cheap POS light, I know the sucker will work!!
Need some lithium cells for long time storage, hmmmmmmmmm.................

GPB

Enlightened
I keep mine on the telephone stand in the kitchen. Despite a collection of better, more expensive lights, this is the one I grab when I need to get something out of the car, check the yard for kids' toys or investigate a strange noise outside. I love the fact that it puts out a ton of light, but I don't feel like I have to keep it protected in a cabinet somewhere. If I was going for a night hike, or taking the kids trick or treating, I'd probably grab one of my Surefire's, but that's just because I can....I could certainly use the TF for those chores too. Its one of my favorite lights, and my absolute favorite light for under 30 bucks.

KD7EIR

Newly Enlightened
I have been using mine for about 2 months now, and I love it. I also have the Husky 2D, but I feel that the TF is the best for carrying in the glove box for use every night in the van.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got mine in the car. I haven't used it a lot because I carry smaller lights on me but it's nice to know it's there in case I need it in an emergency or for the extra throw it has over my smaller lights.

The Husky looks like a nice light but I wouldn't want to carry it very far.