• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Got Milky?!? 865+ Lumen Light Added!

donn_

Flashaholic
Got Milky?!?

This thread got so old I couldn't edit the title any longer, so I moved it to a new thread.

Sold and traded items will remain here.

:thanks:

Sold or traded:

Milky McLux I PR-T-HA X500
A classic McGizmo McluxI PR-T-HA head, loaded with a Seoul P7
CSWOI, custom cut McR27 reflector, Dual MadMax+ converters. WriteRight diffusion film. Optimized for 1x17670 or 1xA123Systems, on 2x123 HAIII Vital Gear body (takes 1x17670). 500 lumens in the palm of your hand!$375 + PPI***SOLD***
=====
Milky's Project-M X779 masterpiece, with 3x Cree XRE R2 WG emitters in Mcr-16 emitters. 779 conservatively rated lumens bursting forth from a mint M3 head (Z46). 9 volts max from either 2x Li-Ion or 3x Primary cells. At the very front, a TranquillityBase Titanium Bead Blasted Deep Crown Strike Bezel. $325
$300 + PPI**SOLD**
=====
A non-labeled Milky-built new generation KL3-BK with an SSC P4 USWOH, shimmed for proper focus, behind the stock optic. 2-3 primaries or 2 rechargeables $100 +PPI **SOLD**
========================
Project M X865.47 Rebels (6 white surrounding 1 red) in a near-mint (99%) KL2 head.

It's very special, because it has what Milky calls "Variable Color Enhancement." The 6 white Rebels are driven by a version of Acorn ( Acorn HC 1.5 ('C-Amity2 Firmware)), while the red Rebel is driven at a constant 333mA by a Son Of Buck converter.

What this means is the red is more intense at the lower levels of output from the white emitters.

The Acorn driving the 6 white Rebels is set as follows:

4 levels of output:

High: 500mA per emitter for 865+ lumens!
Med: 140mA
Low: 20mA
UltraLow: 2mA

This Acorn driver also includes 'Miser' mode, which essentially halves each level for battery preservation. UltraLow, cut in half, is equivalent to the glow of a trit!

The light runs on 2x Li-Ion cells or 3x primaries, no more than 9V. I've successfully used A123s and normal Li-Ions. I've also used IMRs with no problem.

Like any high-output LED light in a small head, this one gets hot with continued high-level runs, so I suggest being careful with maximum output level.

Enough with the head. Let's see what it's hung on.

A mint 2x18650 Leef C2M tube. The color match is excellent, and the runtime with 2x 18650s is about as good as you can get.

Dressing the front of the KL2 head is a TranquillityBase bead-blasted Titanium strike bezel.

Bringing up the rear is an RPM SW01-clone HAIII rocket-ship clicky tail cap.

Milky's photos and description are much better than mine, so be sure to check out his post on this phenomenal light:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2531692&postcount=1

Price? $666 :devil: + PPI.
***SOLD***

============================================

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: Got Milky?!?

Both. It's a wide beam with a wide hotspot. The cut-down 27mm reflector does a good job of containing the beam, so it has much more throw than you'd expect in such a small light.

AaronM

Enlightened

About the
Milky McLuxI PR-T-HA X500,
how wide is the head?
Does the price for THAT light include the body?

Lexus

Enlightened

How long does the Milky McLuxI PR-T-HA P7 X500 stay in regulation with the Dual MadMax+ converters?

donn_

Flashaholic

Hi Lexus,

I have no idea. It's so bright, I've never run it for more than a few seconds at a time. It really screws your night vision.

Cheers,
Donn

warx23

Enlightened
Re: Got Milky?!? PR-T/P7 added!

Last is a non-labeled Milky-built new generation KL3-BK with an SSC P4 USWOH, shimmed for proper focus, behind the stock optic. 2-3 primaries or 2 rechargeables $100 +PPI

This one is shown on a rare, but a bit used E2-BK round-body tube with an Aleph Standard tail cap , 2-stage resistored at 60 ohms for a nice low low.

:paypal:

Thanks!

kidishi

Newly Enlightened

Hello

What are the overall dimensions of the x779? Thank you

caleb

donn_

Flashaholic

Hello Caleb,

The head is about 2.25" long by 1.75" in diameter.

As shown, the entire light is 9.5" long.