Dereelight 3SM Q5 comments

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
I recently picked up a Surefire C2 HA with the sole purpose of using it as a host. I also have been using a L5 with a KL5a head which is fantastic in it's own right I really like LED and the C2 form. I wanted a drop in that allows me to go fairly low on output ( Love my Novatac 85 for just that reason) and the Dereelight 3SM Q5 (latest crop) seems to have the closest spec's I can use. can anyone reference a review or thread that might enlighten me. Also what is the max output for this drop-in, in Lumen's. The Dereelight web page lists this drop-in as being capable of 100% 50% and 5% with a Memory?. Will the switch that comes with the C2 be capable of switching to the 3 different modes. I see, I missed out on the R2's hopefully they will have another batch soon

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there, the 3SM's low won't be near as low as the Novatacs (if you have the version that can go to .1 lumen). The total output is around 200 lumens out the front. It will have a slight gap between the head and body when installed in a C2/6P/9P, as it's 1.5mm longer than the 3SD, 1S, etc. The modes will switch fine with the C2, and yes, it has a memory. Just operate any mode for more than a second or two, and if the light is then switched off for more than a second or two, it will come back on in the same mode. Hope this helps!

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, the 3SM's low won't be near as low as the Novatacs (if you have the version that can go to .1 lumen). The total output is around 200 lumens out the front. It will have a slight gap between the head and body when installed in a C2/6P/9P, as it's 1.5mm longer than the 3SD, 1S, etc. The modes will switch fine with the C2, and yes, it has a memory. Just operate any mode for more than a second or two, and if the light is then switched off for more than a second or two, it will come back on in the same mode. Hope this helps!

Flashcrazy, thanks for the info, sounds like the fit could be annoying. I'll have to deal with it since I already have it ordered. 10 (5%) lumen's is pretty bright, I think my Novatac has a very low output according to the user guide it's .08 lumen, which is what I use for navigating around the house at 4:00am so I do not disturb the wife.

Glad to hear the switch will work I was really contemplating on doing the Mod that the sandwich shoppe has for the C2 switch assy, just that thread is so old I guess, I need to make sure my switch is compatible. And check the Switch mod availability.

In the meantime I have ordered a Malkoff M60 to use so that 2 mode switch is a must with that combo. I guess I'm just loosing it, gotta have more LED's :devil: