"Warm" and M30 Varieties now on Mr. Malkoff's website

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you guys notice that Gene has now formally listed his "warm" varieties and M30s on his site? Wonder how long they've been up :thinking:

I check the site every so often and was psyched when I saw this!!!

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop2/index-main_page-index-cPath-1_8.html

Even though these were already available by contacting Gene, I can't imagine how much more (well deserved) business this will generate for him - I just picked up an M30W myself :rolleyes:

Congrats Gene and Cathy!!

Last edited:

curlyfry562

Enlightened
I think they have been up for less than a week. I am glad he is sharing his "secret menu"

The first thing that came to my mind was putting a M30 in a 3P with a RCR123 :D, talk about a pocket rocket.

1pt21

Enlightened
I actually just happened to check out the Malkoff site today just for the heck of it and couldn't resist. Picked up an M30W.

Also have a M60LF coming from the wife for x-mas :D

Can't wait... First Malkoff's :whistle:

--Paul

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually just happened to check out the Malkoff site today just for the heck of it and couldn't resist. Picked up an M30W.

Also have a M60LF coming from the wife for x-mas :D

Can't wait... First Malkoff's :whistle:

The tint on the Ws are out of this world and the M60L variants are amazing for the lumen/runtime - you and the wife will love them!

RayG

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK20 and Malkoff warm P60 drop-ins

A lot of people seem to like the M30w / M60w Malkoff drop-ins. Has anyone compared the beams between these and the TK20 (in terms of tint / color temperature)?

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my M30WF from Malkoff. I have it installed in a Fivemega 1x16340 tube with Surefire bezel and tail cap. All I have to say is it is visually stunning. The tint and beam quality is out of this world. The only bad thing is it has made my other led lights obsolete.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an m30wf, and will be running it in the same set up as metlarules. Since, I'm waiting on the body parts, I threw it into my G2 with a 17670 cell, and man is it perfection.

FAM

Newly Enlightened
I just received my M30W last night and installed it in my Surefire D3 running on two AA Eneloops. I really like the tint compared to my other led lights.

Fred

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the "warm" version using a filter? The specs on the website look the same (current draw, runtime, emitter type, etc.) but lumens is ~50 lower for the M60LF vs the warm version of the same.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
The regular version uses a Q5 the warm uses a q2 5a. Thats why the regular version has more lumens. In use there shouldn't be that much of a difference.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I type I have in my office a 6P w/18650 and M30WF.

The flood is just amazing and being able to see the trees more naturally at night was a plus. The throw is about 1/3 of the M60, but for night walks after dinner this M30WF is clearly the answer.

I will try and post beam shoots later this week.