favorite 1xcr123 flashlight

hamheart

Enlightened
what is your favorite single cr123 light and why is it your favorite.
:popcorn: :laughing:

steveG

Enlightened
As of now my Surefire E1L. Compactm perfect low, very useful high, good throw... great light.

My Zebralight rocks too!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo PD-S, bright enough, 2 stage, KISS interface and can use rechargeable in them....
+1

I spoke with arewethereyetdad earlier this week, and somehow in the midst of our conversation it was mentioned how he had lined up all his lights in a row, and asked the spouse and little ones which their favorite was. I believe they all chose the PD-S (keep in mind that Troy has some beauties to choose from). That says something for the PD aesthetics.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The JetBeam Jet II IBS, the current mass-produced 1x123 output and throw champion. Three infinitely variable 2-250 lumen user-settable modes, specifically built to accept li-ion cells, Mil-Spec HA exterior and sapphire crystal lens, squared threads and silicone o-rings, removable head/reflector assembly for bare-emitter use, and all for under $70.

I'd probably also vote for a McGizmo if I could afford one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Must admit to having a fondness for my Surefire E1E. I legoed it using a bezel off of my E2E, (put a TLS LED aftermarket head on my E2E) along with a body & tailcap of a different E1E bought off the MarketPlace. Put a Lumens Factory 3v. inca lamp and one Duracell CR123 cell into it.

But my absolute favorite has to be my Novatac 120P.

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
My current favorite is a Nitecore EX10. Licensing the PD from McGizmo was a stroke of genius. The EX10 uses the fantastic PD system, is made of 7000 series aluminum, can take RCR123s, is one of the smallest CR123 lights and is affordable by just about anyone.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight C2H. Cause it is small, 3.25", super bright, has descent throw, quality construction, upgradable and makes for a terrific hand warmer on those cold winter nights :D

Dave

Elliot

Newly Enlightened
My current week old Eagletac P10C is very nice. I like the simple interface - Super bright or medium. I get 40 minutes on (MAX) RCR's which is better than the reviews. Good wide spot and generous fill.

My friend just got an ITP C9 for which I have a bad craving. Sorry he showed it to me.;) Anyone know when the next PayPal discount is?:devil:

And for the budget minded my Romisen RC-N3 Q5 (Shiningbeam) is hard to beat.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even when I'll have my Eagletac T10C, my favorite will stay the Fenix P1D Q5! :twothumbs

That's because of its little size combined with an incredible output. There are better lights for sure, but my favorite is the P1D!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo LunaSol 20. The low level flood and high level general purpose beam are a great combination.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight EDC C2H 4SD 5A Q3

Only < $100 1xCR123 light you can get with a warm emitter.

Great beam with the smooth reflector! Outperforms everything else I've experienced.

GregU2

Newly Enlightened
My favorite as an EDC is the P1D Q5. Small, huge amount of light with very reliable twisty. However, my Surefire L1 CREE is what I carry in my coat pocket and use a lot around the house. Very simple user friendly interface. One really appreciates this light outdoors. It's a great thrower with enough spill for most situations. The spot is really big at a distance. You can't really appreciate the or intensity of the spot indoors because everything is so close. Both lights work great with Tenergy LifePo4 750 mAh rechargeables.

Last edited:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
LS27 dual beams make me weak in the knees & keeps me grinning like an idiot! And don't get me started on Don's PD design...

FrogmanM

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Shiningbeam RC-N3-Q5
-Bomb proof reliability. I have dropped mine repeatedly on the bezel and tailcap and it has the gouges and dents to prove it.
-Forward momentary clicky has proven to be just as reliable as my Surefire twist caps.
-EDC daily on my belt pack
-USA based www retailer, shipped out of NY.
-Solid construction and build quality
-$25, cheap enough to really trash/beat up on without feeling guilty.
-80L from a primary, ~130 from RCR123
-WC color tint
-GITD switch boot
-Good throw with sufficient side flood.
-Cree rings are not as pronounced as other budget Cree designs
-Configurable for 2xAA
-White water bottle cap over the bezel works great to flood the beam