How do you carry...

xian13

Newly Enlightened
spare batteries? I don't carry any form of backpack, bag, hip pouch, etc. What are some recomendations for carrying at least one spare set?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the "Dime" ($.10) Coin holders will hold two 123's perfectly. If you have an option, get the over-sized (taller) one.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Really, like Justin Case stated above . . . .

i always carry spare batteries with me,

and i store 'em in a Spare Flashlight. :cool:

This is good advice.

_

american lockpicker

Enlightened
When I carry spare batteries(the only one I have ever carried are 123s) I usually carry them in a shirt pocket or jacket pocket. Also I carry them in their original package.

If your carrying AAs buy a 4 pack of Sony Walkmen AA batteries the container they come in is a battery case and it even has a lanyard ring on it.

1996alnl

Enlightened
Really, like Justin Case stated above . . . .

i always carry spare batteries with me,

and i store 'em in a Spare Flashlight. :cool:

This is good advice.

_

What a great idea. Instead of having your spare batteries in a tube,why not make sure that tube has a switch in back and an LED up front;)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
A Kodak Advantix brand film canister holds two 123's nicely. I haven't looked in a few years, but I got one free from a drug store film place.

Geoff

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm really fond of the battery holders that County Comm sells, as well as the Pelican 1010 when I am storing more batteries, and the SF battery holders are great too. All in all, you can't go wrong picking any of those depending on what your perceived needs are.

ypsifly

Enlightened
When I buy a 2 pack of 123s, I take the cardboard off and leave them in the plastic. You can trim down the edges and even seal it with a drop of glue. When you need to open, just cut the plastic with a pocket knife.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 4 x AA cells off DX, Soshines they were, and they came with a nifty carrier.

DSC01165.jpg

The RCR123s also come with a spares carrier but be warned, think they only come in 3.7v

Or you could consider getting THESE

sprocket

Newly Enlightened
I had the issue of carrying spare batteries. A week or two ago I picked up one of the 4xCR123 Belt Holsters that AW sells. It is very nice and now I carry more spares than I need to. :)

I have also been using this holder and I'm very satisfied with it. It actually keeps out a fair amount of rain and snow as well all though it's not water tight in any way.

sprocket

Newly Enlightened
Forgot to mention... I also use the Pelican 1010 with the battery foam insert on longer jobs(Carrot mentioned this earlier). But it stores a bunch of batteries and could be unpractical just for a hike.
On the other hans, the 1010 is rock solid and watertight...