Help needed: torch with good spill of light

The Doc

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I have been looking for few days on the forum, but now need some help. I am looking for torch with a good spill of light. Happy to forgo some throw. I know the Surefire L4 is very good, but they are around $280 in Australia, too expensive for my needs. What I am looking for:

1. good spill of light;
2. throw of 100 feet is enough
3. powered by AA Ni-MH or Lithium 18650
4. cost to around US100

Thanks for any help.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
THe model with THE strongest spill is the new Eagletac T10C2. THis is a 123 battery light. THey also have a 2 AA light that is excellent ( not quite as good as the T10C2 model ), and a version -T10L that uses an 18650 battery. Prices in the $60 range.

use CPF8 discount code. If you're not going to use a ton of batteries and want the strongest...get the T10C2 model. I have this, and the spill is amazing....everything is lite up! No need to move the light around to center the spot!

http://www.eagletac-store.com/index.php

Last edited:

The Doc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks I will take a look. I could probably go CR123 batteries if needed.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the lower end of the price range, the Fenix E20, when the head is loosened has great spill.

The Doc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for everyone's help, I ended up buying the Eagletac T10C2.

My new lithium charger can charge CR123 batteries it turns out.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to say a light with a P7 or MC-E, which would give you at least twice the lumens of a XR-E based light. :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Eagletac T10C2 though and it will have good throw as well.