Leatherman LGX 200 works with other Fenix body tubes

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought the Costco kit with the Leatherman Blast and LGX 200 flashlight for myself. I had tried to find out where I could buy an L2T 2.0 body tube by itself with no success. I was curious if the head would work with other Fenix body tubes. I discovered that the head fits and works with the L1D and L2D body tubes. You can use the forward or reverse clicky tailcap. With the L2D tube, the high is twice as bright, just like an L2T. Then I tried the P2D body tube and tailcap on the L1T version 2.0/LGX 200 head. It works. You get 123A version of an L2T with a reverse clicky tailcap. I think you can buy a forward clicky tailcap online for this. The forward clicky switch from the LGX 200 also works with the L1D and L2D.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, low worked with the P2D body. High with the L2D and P2D bodies was at the level of the L2T. All body tubes allowed for the right high and low settings.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Picked up the Blast + LGX 200 combo at Costco last night and started playing lego with it, my L1D-CE and P2D-CE. Here are a few pics:

P1040264.jpg

P1040265.jpg

P1040266.jpg

P1040267.jpg

P1040268.jpg

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this one at Costco myself, and guessed it was a Fenix by the features and appearance. Looks like I was right.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice case , i use it too and put the P2D and L1D&L2D bodies in it :D do you do that too

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I just got an LGX-200 (my first Fenix too BTW:)). Is there any advantage in replacing the Leatherman re-branded L1T tube with a L1D tube? Lighthound sells L1D tubes for $12, do you think that would be a worthy investment?

:popcorn:

thanks

Last edited:

naked2

Enlightened
Yes, low worked with the P2D body. High with the L2D and P2D bodies was at the level of the L2T. All body tubes allowed for the right high and low settings.
I put a 14500 in the Leatherman, which would be the same thing as using a P2D body with a RCR123. Although low does "work", there is very little difference between low and high.

Are you using a CR123A with that setup? Because if there's a noticable difference between low and high with a 3V cell, LiFe PO4's might work.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a 14500 in the Leatherman, which would be the same thing as using a P2D body with a RCR123. Although low does "work", there is very little difference between low and high.

Are you using a CR123A with that setup? Because if there's a noticable difference between low and high with a 3V cell, LiFe PO4's might work.

The L1T isn't rated for using higher voltage lithium ion batteries. It does work to around 3 volts so 2AAs, primary lithium AAs, and a 123A primary lithium battery will work. With a 123A lithium, you keep the normal low level and have a high as bright as it would be running off of 2AAs. 3.7 volt Lithium ions will void the warranty and shorten the life of the l.e.d. On a lithium ion, I think it runs the light direct drive to avoid frying the circuit, but it's not good for the l.e.d.

naked2

Enlightened
That's why I want to try a LiFe PO4, which is a 3.2V rechargeable cell, but I didn't want to buy any if I didn't know they'd work. But it sounds like it should, since fresh lithium primary AAs can be as high as 1.9V, giving 3.8V total to a two cell body setup.

tbenedict

Enlightened
Is there any reason a 2700mh NiMh battery would damage the LGX200?

The instructions specifically say not to use rechargeable batteries. I know it wouldn't like the higher voltage ones, so the only damage I could imagine would be from heat from the additional current.

Element of Darkness

Newly Enlightened
I've read between $38-$50 (mostly $50); but it varies by location. It's a great deal if you don't have a leatherman multitool. HTH.