How will you carry your LF3XT?

litetube

Enlightened
As the title states, how are you planning on carrying your new LF3XT as an EDC? Since there is only one split ring hole how many options are available to the end user? I am debating buying this neat looking light but this is holding me back.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the title states, how are you planning on carrying your new LF3XT as an EDC? Since there is only one split ring hole how many options are available to the end user? I am debating buying this neat looking light but this is holding me back.

I'll have to see what it actually looks like. It might fit a p2d sheath. Alternatively, I will use a Femix lanyard in that single hole. I sure wish there was a clip for it.

litetube

Enlightened
Yeah, I was thinking a split ring attached to a Paracord lanyard and then clipped with a carabiner to a beltloop on the left with the paracord lanyard just long enough so that it rides just inside the outter edge of the pocket. But there doesnt look to be alot of protection around that button so accidental turnons would be possibly a problematic issue ? I cant just "throw" a light into a pocket loose and holsters are a PITA especially if they are not quick release .:confused:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to actually get my hands on one before I can see how I will be able to carry it. Maybe in a P2D holster.

litetube

Enlightened
Just in your pocket loose Thujone? doesnt it end up sideways at the bottom or end up chewing up thecell phone?

Raindog-

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about doing something similar to what I did with my old P1D.
Then probably carry on the P2D hoster.

P1D1.jpg

P1D3.jpg

litetube

Enlightened
Very Cool Raindog .!! Always new ideas out there all the time

You must have drilled addt'l holes in that P1? Mine doesnt have 4 ? I assume you would do the same with the LF3XT?

Raindog-

Newly Enlightened
Very Cool Raindog .!! Always new ideas out there all the time

You must have drilled addt'l holes in that P1? Mine doesnt have 4 ? I assume you would do the same with the LF3XT?

Yes. My P1D also comes with one hole, I make the rest.

Now I'm waiting for my LF3XT to measure hole diameter, make three new holes and find proper thickness of paracord.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just in your pocket loose Thujone? doesnt it end up sideways at the bottom or end up chewing up thecell phone?

You got it.. The only time there is a chance for bottom of the pocket is when the cell phone is not sitting next to the light to keep it in line. It ends up working very well and is much nicer to my phone than a keyring is... Works very well for me.

snakyjake

Enlightened
I don't understand how people can carry it in your jean pockets. When I put a similar light in my pocket, it turns horizontal and becomes annoying and uncomfortable.

A holster isn't ideal either. I prefer the pocket clip so I can just grab the light and stick the light in my pocket. No need to find the holster. No light sticking out. Concealable. I like the idea I can carry my light and forget that it's there. And also like that no one else sees me wearing a light.

If there's no clip, I'll pass. With so many options coming from manufacturers, I'm sure I won't have to wait too long.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand how people can carry it in your jean pockets. When I put a similar light in my pocket, it turns horizontal and becomes annoying and uncomfortable.

I had the same problem and solved it in a couple of different ways:

(1) One way was to design (and have my wife construct) a "pocket-pocket" to carry and organize my EDC gear inside my pocket. I published photos on EDC Forums, but you may have to be logged in there to view the photos.

(2) The other method I use is to suspend the flashlight in my pocket by a length of 550 paracord tucked underneath my belt. This keeps the flashlight vertical. A cordlock prevents the paracord from slipping out from the belt and is adjustable for different pants/belts. It is simple, affords quick access to the flashlight, and works very well at keeping the light in place.

light-hang2.jpg

light-hang1.jpg

litetube

Enlightened
not a bad idea Parnass. Similar to what I have done with suspension in front left pocket except with the paracord attached to a carabiner at the top and that clipped to a belt loop.
I would think with your method though if the belt is unfastened the paracord and lock might slip from unerneath. It seems like it might be a bit of a hassle to detach the light from underneath the belt if needed? Not criticizing just wondering how the details work out before trying it myself :)

snakyjake

Enlightened
I like the light on a clip, and clipped to the side of my front pocket close to the outside seam. The light is snug, comfortable, out of the way, and grabbing for the light is predictable. No belt required (I wear suspenders and sometimes my BDU's).

I don't want to carry the light in my back pocket. Not comfortable to sit.

Don't want to carry in my front pocket without a clip because the light will sit horizontal and is uncomfortable, awkward, and extremely noticeable. If I have other items in my pockets, I don't like them banging around with each other. The light sitting up on the pocket with a clip avoids most of that.

Don't want on a laynard, because I don't want my light swinging around.

Don't want a holster because I don't always wear a belt (suspenders, BDU's, etc). Don't like the light sticking out. Don't like my light to be noticeable.

I'm disappointed Liteflux is not providing a clip. It couldn't have been that difficult. They could have provided the option, which would please those that want one and those that don't. Could have been real easy.

I don't like settling.

Maybe there will be someone savvy that will weld/glue a clip to the light. For me, I don't want to do those kind of modifications on a $60 light. I'm in no big rush. I'm patient enough to wait for a mfr that can please me with my ideal features.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love a clip, too. I have, however, carried many lights without a clip. Even my EX10, which never had a clip when the light was released, was carried in my shirt pocket without one, until recently when a clip was made available. Therefore, the lack of clip at the present time will not be a deal breaker for me, because I am sure somebody will figure out how to modify another clip meant for another light to fit the LF3XT. Still, I haven't ordered a LF3XT. As anxious as I am to get my hands on one of these, I'll wait until others have tested the first run of these lights to be sure there are no unexpected issues that need to be ironed out.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Levi's 501's - key pocket on the right with lanyard through a belt loop. It currently holds the Novatac or HDS EDC just fine so I'm sure the LF3XT will fit.

heckboy

Enlightened
SNIP

I'm disappointed Liteflux is not providing a clip. It couldn't have been that difficult. They could have provided the option, which would please those that want one and those that don't. Could have been real easy.

I don't like settling.

SNIP

Man am I down with that Snakyjake. I had a LF5XT which I still think is a terrific light but the lack of a pocket clip caused me to sell it. I was really disappointed because the LF2XT has a compact little pocket clip that works just fine.

I will never purchase another EDC style light lacking a decent pocket clip. :shakehead

Later,
HB

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wonder if LiteFlux still monitors CPF. I know at one time they did. I recall that with the LF5XT, based on CPF feedback, LiteFlux made changes in the LF5XT interface just a couple of weeks before they were going to release the light. Then with the drop-off issue, they responded quickly to the forum's discusion and fixed that issue.

It would be nice to hear from LiteFlux why they decided NOT to make a clip for this light. This light cries to be my EDC companion. It has many of the features of a larger Novatac p120 and a EX10 combined into nice size light for EDC, but it misses the boat by not having the clips the other lights have. If LiteFlux isn't monitoring this forum any more, we should start an email campaign to them, requesting a clip. At the very least, talk to your distributer to let them know what we really want.

Last edited:

snakyjake

Enlightened
I would love a clip, too. I have, however, carried many lights without a clip. Even my EX10, which never had a clip when the light was released, was carried in my shirt pocket without one, until recently when a clip was made available. Therefore, the lack of clip at the present time will not be a deal breaker for me, because I am sure somebody will figure out how to modify another clip meant for another light to fit the LF3XT. Still, I haven't ordered a LF3XT. As anxious as I am to get my hands on one of these, I'll wait until others have tested the first run of these lights to be sure there are no unexpected issues that need to be ironed out.

I carried the EX10 in my shirt pocket too. Got tired of the light falling out every time I had to pick something up off the floor or to tie my shoe. The bulk/weight not a big deal when I wear a heavy shirt, but still don't like a light weighing down my shirt pocket.