What's going well in your life?

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
It started when I woke up with my arms wrapped around my fantastic wife(So many women, and none as good as mine!). We shared a shower to conserve water(ahem) before having breakfast with neighbors who raise pigs and chickens. Thick smokey bacon, grits, eggs, yolks soaked up with fresh baked biscuits; the kind of farm food you can't find at a restaurant. And I'm getting over my cold, so this is the first food I've had in days that I've actually been able to TASTE. Helped clean up after breakfast and now I'm back home sipping my second cup of coffee, surfing CPF, and listening to my wife sing along with the radio. As soon as the food's digested a bit I'll be heading out to cut and split a couple cords of firewood, a chore I actually look forward to. Then back inside for more time with my wife.

Truly a great day to be alive; just about what I imagine Heaven would be like.

Enough bragging from me, what's going well in YOUR life? :buddies:

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My six year old lost her first tooth this week:mecry:, we she didn't loose it:twothumbs, she put it under a pillow:sleepy: for the tooth fairy.:whistle:
Great times.
It's stuff like this that makes up for having a bad day at work, or having to work an extra shift.
Enjoy.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
I'm finally on my way to a profession that I truly do love... I was accepted to Humboldt State University, here in California, as a music major.. I intend to finish my BM degree in as little as 2 years since I'm transferring as a Junior.. I'll be focusing on classical guitar performance, but with major emphasis on teaching credentials. I hope one day to be a high-school band conductor, while being a concert musician on the side..

I'm healthy, have a place to live, earn enough money to live within my means, and close friends. I've been composing new music, conducting, accompanying, and teaching lately.

I am grateful for all of this, because I know everything can change very quickly.

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Great stuff all... It's nice to hear some positive stuff for a change!

For me, Recently had my first wedding anniversary. My wife's an amazing person and i'm truly blessed to have her... Have bought ourselves a fantastic apartment, in a nice area surrounded by bushland. We both have great jobs, health and family... My life's great! :thumbsup:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice thread to have in this scary time of economic crisis. Diesel_Bomber, that sounds like a great start to any day! Along with the fear and uncertainty, it is good to reflect on what we do have and how lucky we are to have it, and, yes, what's going well.

I'm most grateful for my beautiful wife, my 4 wonderful kids, and....a great dog (Mia, the Pointer, spiritual heir to our Chula who lives on in my avatar). I'm also thankful that I have a job, and that I'm still healthy enough to work at it. And, that I have a nice little hobby (this one) and a bunch of good CPF friends to share it with.

And with that, it's off with Mia---and a couple of good flashlights---for our evening walk!
:)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
My six year old lost her first tooth this week:mecry:, we she didn't loose it:twothumbs, she put it under a pillow:sleepy: for the tooth fairy.:whistle:
Enjoy.

You should of replaced it with a flashlight. Get her hooked early! Cash is so over rated! :grin2:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Happily married for 7 years.
A healthy, happy 6 Y/O boy and a 3.5 Y/O little girl... who thinks Daddy is king of the world.
I have great teeth, not a single filling or problem... knock on wood.

Taboot

Enlightened
Me, my wife and my 3 sons (1 x 2.5 yo & 2 x 1.2 yo) are all healthy. Everything else is dodgy right now.:shrug:

Oh, and I got a Sebenza! :twothumbs

Samuel

Enlightened
Good Thread DB! So many things we take for granted and/or lose sight of. It's good to reflect every now and then and be thankful for what we Do have. It could always be worse - "it could be raining"... ha

Prematurely wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous 2009 (and rest of 08)!

:)

Secur1

Enlightened
Well i finnaly started to get my life in order, no more traveling from country to country.

I've settled down in my home town (Athens - Greece) started my own bussines last month and i am slowly fixing up my own place.
All i need now is to meet the right woman :)

ypsifly

Enlightened
Last Friday I got a big fat promotion at work. My income tripled, full medical, dental and optical. Plenty of vacation and holidays. A 45 hour work week which is almost unheard of for a chef. And lots of other benefits. I'm very thankful to be so lucky. Lots of folks in metro Detroit are losing their jobs and homes.

Monday my Mom told me my brother is cancer free. He had advanced colon cancer. He is 47. Don't wait until you are 50 to get checked. As soon as my insurance kicks in, I'm going.

Arkayne

Enlightened
My baby boy turned 3 months not long ago. People say that the birth of a child is the best thing to happen in their lives. I agree!

DSC00019.jpg

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a great photo, and a handsome and happy young man!

My wife just finished hanging up a nice collection of framed photos of my son and me and my dad, taken when my son was a little guy like yours, in my son's room. He just came home from college for Thanksgiving, and we both really enjoy seeing them. They bring back some fond memories---that is a great time in the life of any dad and his son.

Congratulations, Arkayne.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Thanks God things are fine here- lotsa kids, growing and learning and changing and fun. A nice wife who I love more as time goes by. Enough cash to still buy mod-fodder occasionally. Only one problem- an icy fear grips my heart and I shudder, wondering, wondering: What are "grits"?

Illum

Flashaholic
Finally be able to pitch a good serve in tennis

College semester's term paper is finished

Haven't bought a flashlight for at least a month

rogaine is finally working