Noob here.

Magnus1959

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered the Fenix P1D-CE Q5. Wanted an opinion of the light from those that own one. Thanks

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a Fenix P1D-CE, P4 at the time, that starting my flashlight addiction. It's a good place to start, and a reliable twisty light. You may find it's all you ever need. This wasn't the case for myself. :)

Magnus1959

Newly Enlightened
It was a Fenix P1D-CE, P4 at the time, that starting my flashlight addiction. It's a good place to start, and a reliable twisty light. You may find it's all you ever need. This wasn't the case for myself. :)
My Fenix TK11 started it for me.

Magnus1959

Newly Enlightened
Get opinions of lights before you buy them, not after! How would you feel if everyone said it was a terrible purchase? :shrug:
Your right. I liked my TK11 so much I figured how bad could it be?

GregU2

Newly Enlightened
I think the P1D Q5 is the perfect EDC. It weighs nothing, is super bright, has the perfect balance of spot and fill, great beam quality and tint,and the twisty is extremely reliable. I have one with black finish and one with natural. The Natural finish is very durable and I guess because it was a newer model than the black, the reflector has a heavier orange peel texture. The beam has no cree rings at all. It's pretty much a perfect beam. Great choice.

jenskh

Enlightened
It is a nice light, but it is a disadvantage that it is does not give you the lower modes with a 3,7 V Li Ion.

AxeMan

Newly Enlightened
A friend of mine just got one, and I was wowed by the beam quality. My P3D has a great beam, but his P1D's is perfect. Now that the previous posters have shown that this is not uncommon, I just might have to pick one up....