'Bout that time of the year again.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm reading the forecast right now, ugh, :green: snow. I'm finding most of my lights are hard to use with their tail clickies when wearing thick gloves. This isn't really so much as a help me find a light thread, I just would like to know what you guys use, metal vs. polymer, flood vs. throw and so on. I've personally found that tighter beams suck in my situation when there's snow on the ground (not snowing hard) as more of it shines back in my eyes. I just got my Photon Rex and it's almost perfect, except it's just a wee bit small and the runtime isn't quite enough.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
Re: 'Bout that friggin' time of the year again.

Depends on the type of work your doing, for close things a good flood light would be great but if your outside looking at things over 20ft. away the light doesnt shine back into your eyes.....I usually dont have the problem with things shining back at me....

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast

My two favorite "coat pocket" lights are the INOVA T1 and Surefire G2 incandescent.The T1 is floody with a very warm tint and has a large switch that can still be used with gloves.The G2 also has a large easy to use switch and offers more throw and the advantages of an incan. plus it has the nitrolon body instead of metal.Of course the T1 has more runtime.Both lights are moderately priced so it is not a complete disaster if they are lost though I would still be :sick: about it.
I still have not found a warm tinted small EDC light.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've pretty much came to a personal conclusion that I like a not too bright and floody (small yard and I feel snow makes things much easier to see), somewhat big (ease of handling with big gloves), plastic (won't get as cold) and side switch (which makes turning on easy with big winter gloves). I have a Princeton Tec AMP 3.0 coming in the mail and hopefully my theories of my ideal winter light are right.

So what about you guys?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

My two favorite "coat pocket" lights are the INOVA T1 and Surefire G2 incandescent.The T1 is floody with a very warm tint and has a large switch that can still be used with gloves.The G2 also has a large easy to use switch and offers more throw and the advantages of an incan. plus it has the nitrolon body instead of metal.Of course the T1 has more runtime.Both lights are moderately priced so it is not a complete disaster if they are lost though I would still be :sick: about it.
I still have not found a warm tinted small EDC light.
The Dereelight C2H has a warm tint option.

That T1 is a pretty good idea for a coat pocket light. :thinking:

It really doesn't snow here, so cold is no different than warm for lights. :shrug:

foxtrot29

Enlightened

Don't change the light, change the gloves. Consider a decent pair of winter tactical gloves from Hatch, or another similar company. If they'll allow me to fire a handgun, they'll allow you to turn on your light!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

We've got our first real snow buildup here in Kansas just today (yes it snowed earlier but not enough to accumulate) so when I got home, I thought I'd try out some of my lights outside to see how I liked their performance based on the weather conditions. No incans to test so I tried a small handful of mixed LED's. I ended up picking the `ol trusty L4 as my favorite. YMMV

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast

Outside in the snow I use a headlamp. It's the only way to keep both hands on building the snowman in the dark.