40 tornadoes tonight!

bigcozy

Enlightened
Here in central Arkansas there are over 40 tornadoes that Doppler radar has ID'd. My power is off (I am on the boat so running genset) and is is WILD! Sirens going off everywhere, and the sky keeps changing colors. The weather guys keep saying "I have never seen this kind of speed in a super cell!". Hail, lightning, and I would guess something like 60mph straight winds. Already a couple of big trees down I can see.

Explain storm chasers to me again.......

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
was contacted by skywarn this evening to be on the lookout about 4 am ohio time
they are worried about the system you speak of.
earlier this week we had a doppler indicated tornado near xenia.
saw the hook echo on the radar then we got a warning.
xenia has had more than its share.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live north of Kansas City and they got hammered. They are in or was in a "Tornado Emergency" 1 confirmed dead as of post time. Many houses destroyed. CNN reported that rescuers where trying to get horses out of a tree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif CNN

dtsoll

Enlightened
Randy,
You are on a boat? You may want to get the water skiers out of the water /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyway, take care and yeah, here in central Nebraska this aft we have had a dozen or so Tornado warnings ourselves. I hate those sucka's. later. dtsoll

bigcozy

Enlightened
I just got off the boat (I live on it some of the time 40 footer) and and ran up to my parents house which almost has water running in it. This is the first time I have jumped off the boat and tornadoes are very common event. It is white knuckle time. Sky is green and has become very light, it was black at 4:30pm until now. Lots of hail and I see quite a bit of damage, trees and part of the metal roof on the marina. Sky just went totally black while I was writing this. My folks don't seem all that worried, I guess old age does that.....

I am sweating bullets till this passes.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Keep us updated chap. Do they have a basement? Forgive my naiveness (is that a word?). Don't know if you can have a basement in Ark. You are welcome to mine if ya wanna drive to Nebraska. We are all clear here now. Whew! sounds hairy where you are though. Be safe man. Doug

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Wow...hope you have some torches with you! Yep, scary but a rush eh? Hopefully all will be well! I'll have to get the news cranked up now! Thanks for letting us know! Just be safe and take care of yourself and family! Glad you got off the water!

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Be safe everyone....
Remember that this storm will keep moving (while hopefully becoming less severe). But if in its path, watch out!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
bigcozy -

Green skies...IEEEE! I've never seen one that big and that fast either. That isn't a super cell. It's monster mega cell. It is about to cross the Mississippi right now. All we got was some wierd outflow stuff. Do you know what the Sale Barn area or the Lock and Dam area look like? Ned Perme is just babbling.

- Jeff

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green skies (or the haunting, green aura seen right before those black clouds) usually mean whoever's lookin up will see some baseball/golfball sized hail coming down...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

K A

Enlightened
Lordy. Im down here in Wichita, KS and we have not had anything happen. We had some big gusts of wind blow through maybe about 6pm or so (i dont know exact time. wasnt paying attention). So far we dont have jack heading are way, maybe later tonight if something developes.

Stay safe!