Fenix LEGO Questions

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Are the Fenix L1D, L2D, P2D and P3D heads all the same? They have the same modes, i.e. low, medium, high, turbo, strobe and SOS, but different brighness levels which I guess are due to battery type. I'm wondering what would happen if I put my L1D head on a P2D body, would I get the same thing as a regular P2D, i.e 180 (Fenix) lumens? Also, can the L1T V2 head and tailcap work on a P2D body?

Thanks,

Dave.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the listed heads are the same

I don't think so. IIRC, the T V2's have different threading to "normal" fenixes.

edit: noo, beaten ;)

kenzo

Newly Enlightened
Just a note. The ld series heads are also compatible. At the moment I have ld10 head on l2d body. It looks awesome :D

rockz4532

Enlightened
Are the Fenix L1D, L2D, P2D and P3D heads all the same? They have the same modes, i.e. low, medium, high, turbo, strobe and SOS, but different brighness levels which I guess are due to battery type. I'm wondering what would happen if I put my L1D head on a P2D body, would I get the same thing as a regular P2D, i.e 180 (Fenix) lumens? Also, can the L1T V2 head and tailcap work on a P2D body?

Thanks,

Dave.
yup:p you'll create a P2T

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1D, L2D, and P2D share the same head. The head from any of these three will work with one of the other two bodies. These heads have a boost circuit to bring the voltage up to what the l.e.d. needs. The P3D has a buck circuit to bring the voltage down. While the bodies of the L1D, L2D, and P2D will fit a P3D head, the voltage won't be high enough to run the light. I suppose a P3D head and an L2D body would work with two 14500s, but then you use up the 2AA tube that can be used for normal batteries. The L1D, L2D, and P2D bodies will work with the L1T version 2.0 and L2T version 2.0 heads. LxT tailcaps won't work with P2D body though. The older L1T and L2T have different threads and those heads aren't compatible with any of the previous mentioned bodies. I have successfully used my Leatherman LGX 200/ Fenix L1T version 2.0 with an L1D, L2D, and P2D body. The L2D body makes it brighter on high (an L2T version 2.0) and the P2D body has the same effect. L1D and L2D tailcaps are interchangeable with LxT version 2.0 bodies.