Fenis TK10 spacer ring

lightcacher

Newly Enlightened
Several people have posted pictures of their black Fenix TK10's with a black spacer ring instead of the copper colored one which looks kind of weird. Did the rings come in that color or have you painted them?

lightcacher

Newly Enlightened
Sure you are not thinking of the TK11 and this?

No, here is a borrowed picture showing a TK10 with a black spacer ring. I wonder if the one for the TK11 would work?
BIG_0004723798.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: Fenix TK10 (black) spacer ring

The black ring I ordered for my Fenix TK10 was crap. It didn't screw down far enough. But you'd never notice that just by looking. Consequently, the tailcap didn't screw back down far enough. Just enough of a poor fit to prevent the tailcap from working. Considering I paid $2 for the black ring, returning it wasn't worth it. I chucked it in the garbage, and put the copper ring back on.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Did you measure the black ring compared to the copper ring? I still do not understand why they would include a different colored ring if you are using a black flashlight. I just ordered like 10 black TK10's for officers I work with and I doubt anyone is going to be happy about the ring color. I almost ordered the black rings for them but if they are not to spec or don't fit I wont bother. Can anyone tell me where the black ring in that picture came from!?! It looks hot!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Did you measure the black ring compared to the copper ring?

Nope. But I did place them side-by-side. Even eye-balling it, it was obvious that the black ring was just a hair taller than the copper one. Screwing on the black ring meant that the tailcap would not screw down as far as it would with the copper ring in place. The difference was just enough to prevent the tailcap from working.

I'm guessing that the black ring I got was a lemon that squeezed by Q.C.

Still, the TK10 is not my main light. (Combination of shallow checkering and an absolute joke of a carry-clip is the reason why). Got no reason to invest another penny into the light, and I'm not going to. I can live with the copper ring.

Perhaps a wad of paper towel shoved through the ring to protect the inner threads, as the outside is covered with flat black spray paint. Just a thought.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. But I did place them side-by-side. Even eye-balling it, it was obvious that the black ring was just a hair taller than the copper one. Screwing on the black ring meant that the tailcap would not screw down as far as it would with the copper ring in place. The difference was just enough to prevent the tailcap from working.

Strange!

I like the copper ring, looks good for me, but mine doesn't fit tight...

I use to tighten everything firmly, so I think my tailcap is verys tight too. Still, the copper ring can turn around a little bit, It's ennoying to me, as you can't really screw it tight to the body with your fingers.

Don't your rings have any space?

HeadCSO

Enlightened
I've got a black spacer ring on my Tk10 and the fit is perfect. Got mine from 4Sevens.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: Fenix TK10 spacer ring

Don't your rings have any space?

The black one was not only a bit too tall, but a bit too tight as well. I got it screwed all the way down, but it was quite an effort.

My copper one is a perfect fit. Screws down easily without the need for tools, but not so easily that it's loose or rotates once in place.

Seems Fenix can't get a good standarized fit for the rings. I'm just glad I got one that actually fits properly.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a black spacer ring today for my TK10 and it would not screw on, it was too tight. The orange one fits perfect. I guess I will wrap some black friction tape or rubber splicing tape around the orange one.

Sonic Blast

Newly Enlightened
If you don't want to get a black spacer you could always put some rubber o rings over the gap instead of a spacer. They would even provide extra grip.:twothumbs

h2oflyer

Enlightened
To keep the orange ring from turning I wrap a couple of
strands of dental floss around body threads , then screw
ring over floss. "loctite" on a spool.

Latest posts