NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: How versatile can a single light be?

Default How versatile can a single light be?

A couple of weeks ago I put together what I thought would be a near-perfect light for me. I put together the following:

FM 2 x 18500 body
    Surefire 6P head & tail
    Malkoff M60L lamp

The idea was that I could use this setup to run either 2 x Li-Ions, or 3 x primaries without having to swap the bulb. If I did want to run an incandescent instead, I could drop in a P90/91 module and still run the same batteries. That was IMO awesome as I had my choice of lamps running either battery type.

Today I just realized that I could run 2 x AA sized batteries in the same tube (with a little padding), giving me yet another option. With a module like a Malkoff M30, I could run another 3 different battery types in the same general light. This adds yet another level of versatility in the set up, allowing use of 3 types of AA sized batteries (alkaline, lithium, and rechargeable). What a sweet bonus of this size of light.

Man some of you probably laugh at this but for me it's exciting. It's nice to have the option that if I run out of high power batteries I could just change the lamp and back in business. It's hard for me not to think that 2 x 18500 is the most versatile tube size around, the possible combinations just keeps climbing.

Default Re: How versatile can a single light be?

Glad it works out for you!
    SF E1L McGizmo HA PD-S Ti Mule-PD BB Haiku-XP-G Inova X1
    CRK 21L Umnumzaan Strider SmF ZT0560BK SPY PM2 BM 556 551-1302 ​LSTEEL HEAT HEFT4

Default Re: How versatile can a single light be?

I have a 1.25D Mag with a KD dropin
    I can run it on LiIon D,C or 18650 cells
    3 x AA primaries or rechargeables
    At a reduced output, a single primary D or C size cells

Crackup Re: How versatile can a single light be?

I sort of responded about how versatile my Bigbeam 1000 Ultra Mod was in another thread and it went something like this: It can = be recharged by the sun, jump start a car, swivel it’s head, run on auxiliary, run on emergency auxiliary, give you 625 lumens, or last 178 hours with 15 lumens, double as a boat anchor, not blow away under 100+ mph winds, have a reverse flashing / solid red light, survive EMPs, and have fuses to stop short circuits, run off of 2x 529 batteries, 2x 521 batteries, 2x 8 or 16 AA, 8 C cells, 18 Ah or 17.2Ah SLA batteries, or 4x CR123 cells, and has back up Incandescent low, and Backup LED Low bulbs. All this in a single contained package that “could” be picked up and used at any time. To bad when you go to pick it up, gravity doesn’t really make it very easy.
    “What do you mean LEDs are more efficient then Incans?”, that’s just what they want you to think! It’s a Conspiracy, Man!