Mag mods

glenda17

Enlightened
I keep seeing mention of a KD lens and also a P7 mod. I have a mag 4D with a KCC terralux and it sucks, where could I find more info about these other two options?

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 4D Mag is way too big :)
Try a cut down 1D Mag, 2D-3D Malkoff dropin, powered by a single LiIon rechargeable (KD D-Cell, AW C-cell with a sleeve or a AW 18650 with sleeve)

glenda17

Enlightened
I wanted to try an asperical lense, in one picture I saw a while back it looked like a lazer coming out of the mag cutting threw the fog. Had better throw than a DBS.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the KD aspherical kit with the Mag drop-in and aspherical lens. I do not know about the quality, but it is not overly expensive. I have been toying with the idea of picking up one of the aspherical lenses. But it is not what I consider practical for my uses, so it is not a priority for me.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to try an asperical lense, in one picture I saw a while back it looked like a lazer coming out of the mag cutting threw the fog. Had better throw than a DBS.

For the money you pay, you cant beat it :D :twothumbs
Get the complete kit .... dropin, aspherical lens, reflector and normal flat lens.
That will give you the option of running with a aspherical lens or flat lens.
Note ... for best results, use the aspherical lens WITHOUT the reflector

evenchaos

Newly Enlightened
Note ... for best results, use the aspherical lens WITHOUT the reflector

Out of curiosity - why would you not want to use the reflector? Wouldn't it increase the amount of light going out the front?