SUREFIRE L1 HEAD WITH E2e 2 CELL BODY???

tango44

Enlightened
Last night my brother told me that he has been using his L1 10/65 lms led head with a 2 cell E2e body, he's using 2 Surefire primaries.

My question are:

This combination is good?
The L1 head can work with 6 volts?

You can see that the beam is very bright comparable to the E1B Backup but is this ok?

Thank you.

ja10

Enlightened
That is not a good idea. The L1 head is "dumb", with no electronics inside to boost or reduce the voltage. The LED will be running on direct-drive with 6 volts. I'm surprised that it isn't dead yet.

jag808808

Enlightened
Tango,

I am surprised it has not fried. The L1 head is "supposed" to be 3 volt electronics. Curious, is it alot brighter? It is possible that Surefire "may" have increased the voltage handling for us Surefire lego fans. Let us know the end result. Would be nice to know for future lego. I like optics.

Aloha,

jag

Last night my brother told me that he has been using his L1 10/65 lms led head with a 2 cell E2e body, he's using 2 Surefire primaries.

My question are:

This combination is good?
The L1 head can work with 6 volts?

You can see that the beam is very bright comparable to the E1B Backup but is this ok?

Thank you.

1996alnl

Enlightened
I tied it too,only for a few seconds to see if it would work.It did and boy was it bright!
I don't know if the LED can take 6V but i know it can take 4.2V no problem.
I use a RCR123 with my L1 (for about 6 weeks now) and it works perfect,brighter too.

tango44

Enlightened
I just call and told him to stop using it that way and I hope he does.
To be honest the beam was very very bright and I will love to have something like that in the future, but I think that a KX2C will be the answer.

Thank you all.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1 heads are dumb = no electronics

meaning he is overdriving the LED, and with 6v, thats twice normal forward voltage...it will be REALLY bright, until it goes out.....which will occur much much sooner.

Crenshaw