M@g lite rolling off the table? Introducing the "Bolt Cap"

chitoz28

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if anyone else has done this before. But I hated my m@g lite rolling off the table, I had this idea a while ago and was finally able to buy the stock to make this. My father in law cut it for me on his lathe. It is made out of a 2" stainless steel hex rod t-303 from onlinemetals.com.

I don't know if anyone would be interested in something like this, if you are, let me know. This is a prototype and did not come out exactly the way I wanted. I wanted it a little thicker on top and without the circle on the back, but if anyone would want it thicker or thinner, I don't think that would be a problem. Since I had to get it cut on a lathe, it takes a while and I'm not sure how much I would be able to sell these for or if anyone would even be interested. I haven't done anything like this before. This is a prototype and could use some more detail. Does anyone know what would be the best way to get it to a mirror polish? And if anyone has any input on it, that would be great. Thanks everyone.

So here goes some pic's.

Hill

Enlightened
Great idea!

I would suggest the following:

Make the tailcap a little smaller so it's not so bulky

What about modifying the head in a pattern like this Olight to prevent rolling?
Olight.jpg

Nice work!

Hill

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

chitoz28

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for your input.
aircraft800 - I think I will hallow them out more, it is kinda heavy, even for a m@g.
grateful1 - How big/type of a spike?
Sgt. LED - Where and what site slots for tritium, I was even thinking of some glow too, but you would need another light to charge it (because you know how we only carry one at a time).

This one is about half an inch thick (past the threads) I guess I can go thicker or thinner if someone wants.

Last edited:

N10

Newly Enlightened
looks like something that's used to knock down doors or stuff..lol..would make a good battering ram
nice work though...!

revs

Newly Enlightened
A couple Al ones for a MiniM@g with a slot for a trit in the back would be nice. :)

The spike on the big ones would be good for law enforcement officers to break windows. I have seen a similar design for just that purpose. I think it had a Ti spike in the center of the cap.

I would like a couple M@g C sized if you decide to sell them. With a trit slot cut in them. Preferably in Al.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Looks just perfect

I'll take one righ now, The thickest, bulkyest one that is humanly possible to make !!!!!:twothumbs :cool:

Surface finish is not to be worried about at all, as it would be on a heavily worked and dinged light.

Last edited:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
But yours is unique, looks just like a bolt! It could be a little lower profile, and thicker so the spring could recess, and have a little room for an extra bulb, or another battery :naughty:

Nice work!

Nice Idea, A space inside a longer one for another D cell would be great!!! Perfect!!!!

I'll take one of each :twothumbs :twothumbs

Light Sabre

Enlightened

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
You'll need a license to carry that!!

..and it will inevitably be banned in the People's Republic of California. :crackup: