• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Very limited Extreme III with R2 XRE Sold to: monanza

openbolt1

Enlightened
Sold to: monanza

I bought this, received it and don't care for the UI. Maybe I'm getting old.

New mint with all accessories and free shipping to the USA. Was $100.00
Now $95 delivered
paid through PayPal only for a quick sale. Those are lint specks in the pic :sssh:. Oh, the emitter is not off center, it's the angle of the camera makes it appear so. It's perfectly centered. 1st "I'll take it" who can make payment within a few hours owns it.
ExtremeIII1.jpg

ExtremeIII.jpg

Last edited:

Flic

Enlightened
Re: FS: Very limited Extreme III with R2 XRE

VERY tempting! By chance would you know the vf of this unit? Michael usually wrote it on a piece of tape stuck to the light.

openbolt1

Enlightened
Re: FS: Very limited Extreme III with R2 XRE

VERY tempting! By chance would you know the vf of this unit? Michael usually wrote it on a piece of tape stuck to the light.

Tape says "3.23". Should be ideal for high quality AAA alkaline & rechargeable lithium's. Very bright with the Duracell brand that I tried.

Need to be a rocket scientist to grasp the UI though ... :ohgeez:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Very limited Extreme III with R2 XRE Now $95 delivered..!

I hope nobody lets the UI scare them away from buying this little gem, especially at this great price.

I recently bought one of the Rebel LED versions, and while it did take a few very enjoyable evenings of playing with the light to completely understand all the various programming options, I found it quite easy once I got going.

First of all, no programming is needed to start using the light right out of the box. Just put in a battery and tighten the barrel... that is off. Then twist a quarter of a turn to get to low. The default setting is 15%, measured by CPF member wbp using a similar light as being approx. 20 lumens. Another quarter turn takes you to the default setting of 50%, approx. 80 lumens (using a 10440 lithium-ion).

Both of those settings can be adjusted anywhere from 2% to 100%, but do require you to enter the programming mode (6 quick back and forth twists). By the way, 100% was measured as being approx. 175 lumens using a lithium-ion rechargeable 3.7 volt cell!

You have your choice of 2 beacon modes, simply twist quickly back and forth 3 times, or 2 SOS modes (4 twists), or check the battery voltage (5 twists, then light goes out and slowly flashes the number...for instance 3 slow flashes, then off for a few seconds, then 8 slow flashes... signifying 3.8 volts.....VERY COOL).

You can have the light automatically warn you when the voltage is getting low (3 quick flashes every 40 seconds when the voltage gets to 3.2 volts), and then after a few minutes turn the light off to prevent damage to a rechargeable cell (at 2.8 volts).... OR..... you can turn that function off (8 twists).

Of course, if you get a little messed up while programming the various functions, it's easy to get the light back to it's default settings (10 twists).

What's cool too is that you can accomplish all the programming by pressing the end of the light while holding the front barrel, rather than twisting.

The quality of the finish on these lights is amazing, the beam is beautiful and bright (no dreaded dark ring around the hotspot), and the price is right, what are you waiting for?

Sorry to be so much of a salesman (no openbolt1 isn't paying me for this), but I'm incredibly happy with my new little light and wouldn't want to see somebody miss the opportunity to pick one of these up at this great price because they might be afraid of the UI. If you can program a NovaTac 120P (my other EDC), then you should be able to work this light.

BTW, here is a link to the original sales thread:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=206595

Last edited:

openbolt1

Enlightened

Derek,

That was very kind of you taking the time to post those informative hints.
Have a great holiday weekend!

Gary

Oh and you asked about the tint. Tint is as good as a CREE gets, no greens, no browns, no purples. Neutral white I'd say with absolutely no hint of any donut either.

Last edited:

wbp

Enlightened

I'm with Derek on this - this is an awesome price for this light! If I didn't already have two of them, or if I could figure out who else to give one to, I'd jump on it!

The UI takes a little getting used to, but it's not that bad, and as Derek says, you don't have to do anything with the UI to just use it. I played with mine for a couple of days, then reset it, and use it on defaults most of the time.

William

Sector7

Enlightened

IMHO, this is an awesome light at a great price....really bright for a AAA light and you're getting an Cree R2 to top it off!

openbolt1

Enlightened

SOLD to: monanza.

Last edited:

Flic

Enlightened

Thank you for saving me from the temptation.

You'll LOVE this light!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for saving me from the temptation.

You'll LOVE this light!
Yes, I had almost talked myself into buying another one too :D. Thank you monanza!

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flic, Derek, If only you guys had been faster on the draw, I would have been thanking you :D! Seriously though, I have been trying to resist these in the original sales thread so I did not even have to stop to think :thinking:.

I am looking forward to it.