Mag Mod 4 Cree XR-E R2 (WG) with driver.

sylviocc

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am new here.

Somebody could help me?

I have one 3D Maglite.

I bought :

4 Cree XR-E R2 (WG) DX SKU15943
1 5-Mode 1000mA 7135 Circuit Board DX SKU06190

I want to buy this SSC P7 8x7135 2.8A Board SKU: S004338 from Kaidomain ( http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1770 )

How I will need to connect wires , I want to use the 5 mode with 4 Cree at the max mA possible at 100%

I thought about to connect all leds in parallel. Or it could be in series.

Please someone help me.

Regards.

Ps. I am from Brazil, sorry for my bad english.

Al Combs

Enlightened
The DX 5 mode 7135 board you mentioned is for just 1 LED. So you could buy 3 more of the same thing, or...

The KD driver you mentioned isn't a very good option here. It would only work with the LED's in parallel. Multiple LED setups are usually wired in series to ensure all LED's get the same amount of current. Wired in parallel, the LED with the lowest forward voltage could be badly over driven and might blow. That would either increase the current to the remaining 3 LED's and blow them as well, or if the LED shorted (unlikely) blow the driver. It depends on how closely your R2's are matched. Something you wouldn't know until and if they blew. If you use the KD driver you mentioned in series, this board at its maximum voltage input level wouldn't even make the LED's glow.

Have you seen the drivers list? You didn't say what battery setup you had in mind. Four Cree's at 1 amp require about 14.8 volts to run. If your battery pack is less than 14.8 volts you need boost, or if more requires buck. BTW, that's almost 15 watts of mostly heat to dissipate. You'll need a good heat sink to run that @ 100%.

Good luck and :welcome:

sylviocc

Newly Enlightened
Hi, thanks for help me.

I will use 3 18650 .

This driver could work for me with 3 R2leds and 3 18650??

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1866

I could use just 3 R2 leds instead of 4 .

I will put this driver 1 5-Mode 1000mA 7135 Circuit Board DX SKU06190
and one R2 in a small flashlight and these 3 R2 in the mag.

Thanks again for your :twothumbs patience!!!

Regards.

steve6690

Enlightened
My 2p...
Use all 4 R2's connected in series.
Power it with 3 x 18650's also in series.
Buy a blue Shark boost driver..or a Maxflex