Alkaline or Lithium for Stinger?

Xyrium

Newly Enlightened
Hello ALl,

I inherited a Stinger from my father several years ago, and need batteries for it. It appears that the light uses a 75175 (sub c's ?) battery pack. I believe the light model is 25170. I also believe it's an incandescent model, with a polycarbonate lens and a fairly smooth yet textured reflector.

Can I find an alkaline or lithium battery for this, or must it use rechargeables? I ask, because the charger is MIA due to my negligence.

I also have a few q's about an eagle tac P10C2, but that's for the LED forum...

THanks!
Paul

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello ALl,

I inherited a Stinger from my father several years ago, and need batteries for it. It appears that the light uses a 75175 (sub c's ?) battery pack. I believe the light model is 25170. I also believe it's an incandescent model, with a polycarbonate lens and a fairly smooth yet textured reflector.

Can I find an alkaline or lithium battery for this, or must it use rechargeables? I ask, because the charger is MIA due to my negligence.

I also have a few q's about an eagle tac P10C2, but that's for the LED forum...

THanks!
Paul

It uses a battery stick consisting of three sub-c size cells, 1800MAH, 1.2V, NiMH cells . There is no lithium/alkaline option.

Xyrium

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Dano. I figured that buying the battery and replacement charger would probably cost as much as a new Fenix, so I was trying to avoid that. Now I have to search any boxes that haven't been unpacked when I moved to see if I can find the charger! Grrrr....

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to ask on the cpf bst forum. You may be able to pick one up for cheap.

toolpig1

Enlightened
I live close to a fire and police supply company (the brick and mortar store), they also have a website: www.fox-intl.com
They sell their own brand of replacement batteries for the various stingers starting about $8 each. The item number for the one you are looking for is SAF-FOX-NCD-1, I can't find it online, for this one, you might have to call. Their own batteries are identical to the factory originals and work great. They can also fix you up with a charger or spare lamps. If by chance you happen to purchase a new version of the stinger, perhaps the led-C4, the charger will work on your old model. Here's a shortcut to their genuine Streamlight accessories for Stinger: http://www.fox-intl.com/item.asp?id=616

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought replacement batteries on Ebay - cannot remember who it was from but they list a special with 2 batteries.

I'm short a charger as I have a HP & a polystinger. I picked up a XT with home charger for $25 on the Market Place B/S/T. Sweet.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
If you have a local battery retailer, they MAY be able to build you a NiMH stick for you, plus sell you a charger hook and AC and / or DC cord. The local-buil sticks are usually cheaper with higher mAh rating than OEM and will still work in a current charger.

However, there WERE li-ion up-grades on CPF, so if you do a search you may be able to find them.