Led Lenser P7 advertized hours ????

D

duracell99

Can someone tell me what the duration of running the Led Lenser P7 is?

Here the company says 120 hours:

http://www.zweibrueder.com/ENG/produkte/html_highperformance/html_Pserie/p7.php?id=p7

Here the company says 130 hours:

http://www.ledlenserusa.com/product_info.php?modelNum=8407

And I finally buy one, and the box says 50 hours!!!

now I know it depends on brightness settings, but come on!!

And I think there were some postings on this website saying it was TWO hours ?!

Feels like that magic trick with the 3 cups and the one ball.... :shakehead

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll have to learn to see through company's BS. Even 50 hours is grossly over estimation. The claimed runtime is probably keep running till emitter stop even glowing, which is essentially useless information.

VillageIdiot

Newly Enlightened
You'll get 2 hours of decent light, which is typical of most lights. Anything over 10 hours is either running off big batteries or using a very efficient or underdriven LED.

1996alnl

Enlightened
You'll have to learn to see through company's BS. Even 50 hours is grossly over estimation. The claimed runtime is probably keep running till emitter stop even glowing, which is essentially useless information.

+1, I think they had a candle sitting next to the light when they tested it:whistle:

Art

Enlightened
Now that's ironic isn't it? a flashlight called a P7 that doesn't use the P7 emitter :p

LOL yes!

Actually when I bought the P7 I didnt knew what a P7 led was... so no problem , but the name can lead to some misunderstanding.

About the runtime mine also says 50h in the box... but with 1000mah nimh you will get more less 2h to 50% wich is very good, and this light has probably the best throw for the size.
I EDC mine in my computer pack and its always great to get so much power out of such a small light. A bit heavy but thats the 4 AAA design :poke:

If you had already tested the throw in it try it also with the lense 1 to 2mm open.. it will throw the same and produce more light :naughty:

Regards,

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering that a good AAA Alkaline has a capacity 1000~1200mAh @ 1.5v I don't see how you'd get much more than 2~3 hours runtime MAX :thumbsup:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably it's a translation bug, hours instead of minutes.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know everyone on here makes fun of their ridiculous runtime estimations, but has anyone actually done a runtime test on the low mode? I've only seen pictures, but it does seem quite a bit less bright than high. It could in fact run 50 hours?

Art

Enlightened
In low its ate 15%... so if you get 2h in max... making some simple calcs...it will do more less 15h?