Led Lenser X21 or Wolf Eyes Boxer?

Morgo

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

Im new to the forum and have recently bought a few LED lights the Led Lenser P7 and P14. Ive been very happy with both these lights and have decided to go for another torch with a bit more punch.

I was looking at the Led Lenser X21 with around 1000 lumens it looks good. The other i was looking at is the Wolf Eyes Boxer with 1800 lumens.
With both being around AU$500-550 it comes down to which is best, i know the wolf has 1800 over 1000 on the X21 but the pics ive seen of the X21 are quite amazing.

So im looking for which is the better or brighter torch of the two and also any other led lights that are maybe better for around the same price.

thanx,
Morgo

BigTennisBall

Newly Enlightened
Definately go for the X21 from LED LENSER. its the brightest thing i've seen.

I'd say go with the Led Lenser as well as you get eh support of a big company not a small one like wolf eyes.

Made a great addition to my P7

Glen C

Enlightened
Morgo, slightly different lights. The Boxer is HID so slight warm up time but throws further. X21 is certainly powerful. A wolf Eyes multi LED in stock in Aus is the 1300 lumen Superstorm http://wolfeyes.com.au/superstorm-p-127.html Good luck in your choices

Big Tennis Ball, have you ever dealt with Led Lenser in Aus? ZI get a lot of comments.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Definately go for the X21 from LED LENSER. its the brightest thing i've seen.

I'd say go with the Led Lenser as well as you get eh support of a big company not a small one like wolf eyes.
Have you seen the Boxer in action? I have seen neither, and will qualify my response as such, just wondering if you have compared both?

As for a better support, i assure you that Glen's customer support cannot be faulted, and since LED Lenser also isn't an Australian company, i would imagine that you would also be interacting with a dealer or a importer within Australia not directly with the company. I must admit i do not know the ins and outs of either company though.

back on topic, since you already have a couple of LED Lensers why not try the Wolf Eyes, the Boxer would also be a little different to the lights you already have, and i would imagine would have more wow factor.

Last edited:

theotherphil

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Boxer from Glen on a recent trip to Aus. Glen is a decent guy (how many dealers invite you to their home?) and the Boxer is great! I got the 24W version and I am more than happy.

Glen C

Enlightened
Hi the other Phil, been interstate and missed your post. Can see that London is a nice warm 4 degrees!

RWM001

Newly Enlightened
Morgo,

What is the actual throw like on the P14? Does it go out 300 yards as claimed. I have an older lenser and like it-thus the question.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Morgo,

What is the actual throw like on the P14? Does it go out 300 yards as claimed. I have an older lenser and like it-thus the question.

I haven't seen the P14, but the P7 has 14,000 lux on fresh cells! Since the P14 gives the P7 a pretty good beating in the throw department, I would imagine it has well over 20,000 lux.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how bright is Wolf-Eyes Boxer, but the Led-Lenser X21 is definitely the brightest LED light I've seen so far.

We measured 12724lux/2m and that means 50896 lux/1m.

The downside is that it is really big and heavy.
Also the runtime with alkaline batteries is not very good (I don't have ni-mh to try).

llx21runtimeengbq6.gif

Last edited:

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
I have the 24w Boxer and it has the WOW factor! It's a well regulated torch and if you're lucky enough to get this with the new 168a batteries at 2400 Mah, you will enjoy one hour and four minutes of good regulation. This torch has a huge amount of output for its size and will definately turn heads. I recommend the WE (Wolf-Eyes) 24w Boxer.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
No experience on either end here, but I have a related comment.

The boxer 10w achieves 35,000 lux@1m at light-reviews.com. That model is rated at less than a third the output of the identically sized 24w model. So I think the LED lights can't match the boxer's output (although, like I said, I have neither).