Which one of these SF lights would you get rid off?

stangster

Newly Enlightened
If your SO demanded that you get rid of one of the following SF lights, which one would you sacrifice and why?

1. 10X911
2. L4
3. C2
4. E2e
5. M6
6. C3
7. 6P

I've listed them in the order I believe to be most important to me...which happens (oddly) to coincide with how often they are used.
But just cuz the 6P is last, doesn't mean it's last...you know? I love each one dearly!

HELP!!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
either the C3 or the 6P

what your C3 can do, your C2 can usually do just as well.

6P, well i just dont see the appeal for a 6p when you already hae a c2

good luck :)

Crenshaw

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
6p. The c3 can be handy for running 2x 17500's and an LED module, the C2 covers the same functions as the 6p but with a nicer finish and pocket clip and ergos... etc. The e2e is still a lovely little light, and with a modded or surefire replacement head has plenty of upgrade potential. The M6... nuff said. And the L4 is quite possibly one of my favorite lights ever, one with a cree MCE would be like my dream EDC. Of course, there's no accounting for taste, but I definately wouldn't get rid of the M6 just because of how unique it is. And if it were me, I'd prolly drop the 10x or 6p first.

sappyg

Enlightened
1. 10X911
2. L4
3. C2
4. E2e
5. M6
6. C3
7. 6P

if i only had to get rid of one it would be the 6p... followed closely by the c3

stangster

Newly Enlightened
Crenshaw, the 6P was my second SF. Which reminds me, the G2 was my first but it's not on the list because it's in the glovebox, so SHHHH...

Anyway, the 6P is OG...it's OOOLD school, it's origiNALish...ya know? In fact, I still have the 6P w/ it's original batts and I swear, it's at least at 90% capacity. It's in MINT condition and a true holstered shelf queen!

The 10X will DIE w/ me. Have you had the 10X before? The WALL is what I call it. What puts out a brighter WALL of light than the 10X? I've been out of the light loop for several years, so there might be better stuff now....

In fact, name me a production light that can beat the WALL and I'll.....ah never mind, it will DIE with me regardless!!!!

Thanks for the replies guys.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I would have said the 6P, since you have a C2, but an OD 6P? Wow, you need to hang on to that.

I wouldn't get rid of the C3, since I think the 2x17500 battery option is one of the best ways (without going to 18XXX cells) of running some of the more useful LAs. (P90, EO-9) And you can always put a KT-2 HA on it and run the MN15.

Since you want to keep the 6P-OD, I'd say get rid of the C2.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Definitely the 6P. everything the 6P can do the C2 can do better (IMHO).

Keep the C3 because it leaves open the possibility of a 2x17500 setup.

LOL at the SO comment... one letter away from SOS.

**edit**
Oh wait a minute... Its a TypeIII OD 6P(!!):eek:oo::eek:oo::eek:oo: Thats definitely the keeper. Boot the C2.

Last edited:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
either the C3 or the 6P

what your C3 can do, your C2 can usually do just as well.

6P, well i just dont see the appeal for a 6p when you already hae a c2

good luck :)

Crenshaw

+1

My logic exactly and choices exactly.

I would lose the 6P over the C3 - the C2 makes a 6P rather redundant.

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm struggling to retire my L4s, if I have the resource to do so I would after winter is over. Despite my love for the luxV and the hand warmer capability there are better alternatives out there

I'd keep the 6P, unless its an older type its pretty expendable should the need becomes necessary

If I say the M6 will there be a jeer on my behalf? :candle:
Personally its one of my least used lights:ohgeez:

effulgentOne

Enlightened
How about you compromise, and get rid of the E2E body/tailcap, but keep the head. Then you can put it on your L4 body whenever you want to use it. You can't use both at once any more, but you don't lose any functionality.

That, or get rid of the M6. I'll take it off your hands for you if you want. ;)

crocodilo

Enlightened
Dump the C2, since you have a C3 and love your 6P. Also, get rid of the E2E and get an E2L and an E1L. Oh, and an L1 and an E1B, too!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crenshaw, the 6P was my second SF. Which reminds me, the G2 was my first but it's not on the list because it's in the glovebox, so SHHHH...

Anyway, the 6P is OG...it's OOOLD school, it's origiNALish...ya know? In fact, I still have the 6P w/ it's original batts and I swear, it's at least at 90% capacity. It's in MINT condition and a true holstered shelf queen!

The 10X will DIE w/ me. Have you had the 10X before? The WALL is what I call it. What puts out a brighter WALL of light than the 10X? I've been out of the light loop for several years, so there might be better stuff now....

In fact, name me a production light that can beat the WALL and I'll.....ah never mind, it will DIE with me regardless!!!!

Thanks for the replies guys.

If that's the case, I would say the C3...