Far-throwing flashlight

pulstar

Enlightened
Hi there again!
Yestarday someone gave me a very interesting offer for my terralux tle-300mr modded Magcharger. I must say that that person offered me exactly the same price which costed me for entire flashlight included with mod. So, is there a flashlight which can outthrow and overpower 500 lumens of magcharger and costs about 200$ It almost must be with adjustable focus, size doesn't quite much matter. Are there some Mag P7 mods for sale with adjustable focus?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The TLE-300 drop-in is more about output than throw, I'd estimate that any flashlight with a 10,000 lux score and beyond can outthrow (but not overpower) it, which encompasses a broad range of "thrower"-class lights (including the stock MagCharger). As for outthrow AND overpower, I'd look at some of the incan hotwire mods that make full use of the reflector space - you can build a hotwire for about the same total cost as the TerraLUXed Mag, but it does require some modding skills. (A P7 Mag will slightly overpower and outthrow a TLE-300 if it's running a full 700+ lumens, not all P7 mods can do this)

Using the TerraLUX drop-in disables the focus mechanism of the Mag since each of the LEDs has its own optic. You'll find you don't need it with the giant hotspot it projects.

The JetBeam Jet II IBS is the only stock 10k lux light with the ability to focus that I'm aware of, though it's an EDC light, so even with 250 lumens on a single li-ion cell, its total output is nowhere near the TLE-300's. But it does retail for < $70.

pulstar

Enlightened
I'm currently trying to get some more info about mag p7 mods, but still no answers: Do you know if there is a posibility of adjusting focus on p7-modded mag?