Best Mag 3D+P7 setup?

ergotelis

Enlightened
Hi, i want to make a setup, i already have a dswoj p7 and a 3d mag. I also have a lot of AA's, no D cell.
So, what is better for setup:

1)3xKD D size lion + Der wichtel circuit?
2)12AA battery holder(15V about) + der wichtel circuit?It works such a setup?
3) 3xD nimh direct drive? Will it get 3A on the emitter?Stable?Do i have to buy specific cells and try to limit down resistance? Drivers seem not to be working fine for that setup due to high vF.

I don't know which is the best solution, I am heading away from the first solution due to bad D cells from KD, your help would be grateful. I am not sure about the performance of the 3rd setup and generally i prefer AA's, but i am not sure about how much efficient would be the second solution.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the 3 options presented I would go with the 12 AA and Wichtel driver. I have some of the KD cells, and they work fine with P7 mods, but they are not good for incan mods. If you get the 12 AA converter you can use it for several other applications too.

Also I like AA converters and a driver over direct drive because in an emergency like a long lasting power outage etc you can use disposable batteries in place of the nimh.

Last edited:

ergotelis

Enlightened
Another question, if somebody knows, if i use some 4xAA holders, with some copper wiring around all joints, can i achieve almost zero resistance to the battery holders? I want to use 3 of them into parallel but not to have a great deal of resistance because then they are useless. Is it achievable?Or i will still have enough resistance?Thanks!:)

TexLite

Enlightened
I wouldn't use the cheap battery adapters.You'll have to re-work them,and they still won't be as good as the better adapters.If you don't want to go with the fivemega adapters,then get some of mdocod's adapters.

For a driver I'd go with the new Shark Buck/Remora for multi-mode regulated 3A output.

-Michael

Last edited:

TexLite

Enlightened
Most likely you have an "I" forward voltage,he has a "J".

Would still work,but current would be lower.

I was going to recommend DD as well,until I saw that.

-Michael

ergotelis

Enlightened
I tried direct draw, but i can't get more than 1,4 Ampere and that is half the way.Thanks for that driver i will just check it. Also, i will try the 7882 board when i have some, they can provide almost 3A with 3,7 input.