THE LONGEST RUNTIME(LOW LUMENS)

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
Anything out there that beats the E2L Outdoorsman's 100hour 3lumen setting for a 2cell torch?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Milky Boxter in Mizer mode on lowest setting powered by 1 18650 will be what, 400 some hours?
I should do a runtime on the 4 regular and 4 mizer modes with all the different cells it can handle but that's alot of time.................
Not that any of that matters. You want a stock 2 CR123 light!

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
My VB-16 variable light has a sub lumen glow at its lowest setting which is good for night time navigation with dark adapted eyes. My rough measurement is that it puts out about 1/1000 the full power (4 watt) light setting. Assuming its buck circuit has the same efficiency at all levels, that equates to an estimated run time of about 2000 hours off 2xCR123's at the lowest level setting.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
2000 is a guess, based on the assumptions noted. No way I know to actually test it, but I do believe it runs loooong....
+1

My VB-16 has the lower output level I've seen yet (even lower than my Novatac). With the 2-cell capacity, it should last for a very long time.

And no, I don't plan to do that runtime. :laughing:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My VB-16 variable light has a sub lumen glow at its lowest setting which is good for night time navigation with dark adapted eyes. My rough measurement is that it puts out about 1/1000 the full power (4 watt) light setting. Assuming its buck circuit has the same efficiency at all levels, that equates to an estimated run time of about 2000 hours off 2xCR123's at the lowest level setting.

Wow... is this the 4th Gen. direct from Waion? (With the red button on the other side for strobe). I have one I bought awhile back from DX (no strobe), goes down pretty low, but still a lumen or so. I'll have to keep an eye out for one on the B/S/T forum. :candle:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine's a 2nd Gen from Waion. I think some people got zero output on level 1 and some like me got a very low low, depending on the Vf of the LED.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The Pal-Light could be the ultimate champ in its "glow" mode. Not enough light to navigate, but you could read a bit with it. I think the packaging said up to two years runtime in this mode.

Geoff

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS/NovaTac minimum output setting (.08 lumens) lasts for 240 hours/ten days on a single 123.

The HDS EDC actually lasts longer than the Novatac at the low levels. Thermal guy had a test showing over 13 days at level 16. which is .24lm. In my test at 0.08lm it was over 3 weeks give or take a few hours. An HDS EDC with an upgraded emitter is around 0.16 - 0.2lm at the lowest level.

On a single celled HDS EDC you'd have to be at level 15 to beat 100 hours. That's around 0.5lm stock or 1lm with an updated emitter.

how about the "Luce de Notte". 11 yrs to 50%
:whistle:

Where's the uh... Off button?

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS EDC actually lasts longer than the Novatac at the low levels. Thermal guy had a test showing over 13 days at level 16. which is .24lm. In my test at 0.08lm it was over 3 weeks give or take a few hours. An HDS EDC with an upgraded emitter is around 0.16 - 0.2lm at the lowest level...
To confirm that my HDS U60 ran at the lowest output level for 45 days (1080 hours) non-stop on a Duracell CR123A. It has an upgraded SSC P4 emitter, was probably putting out around .24 lumens (stock is .08 lumens).

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
341+ hours on a single CR123A cell :whistle: (not even using Miser Mode yet) the ULow is brighter than the novatacs lowest low.

speaking of... heres my new "Hoople" Head :naughty: that milky custom built to my specs. my goal was to get awesome runtimes on a 123 primary, not concerned with the brightness as im fine in low light conditions. 46 lumens for 10 hours aint too shabby for such a small package. not to mention the extra heatsinking so theres virtually no heat buildup. still has the Miser Mode, so ill have insane runtimes on the ultra lows. tacticool setup - max, ultra low, then medium (~30% max). on my fave 123 body, another Vital Gear. awesome light, exactly what i wanted, itching to put it to the test soon! always a pleasure working with milky too.

Tale of the Milky Tape:
Hoople
SSCP4 USVOH L2head UCL
AcornHC 138 'C-Corndogg' Firmware
Max 46Lm 10h / Med 14Lm 34h / ULow
Optimized for 1x123 Primary Cell

hhmilkyhoople01jc1.jpg

this is one of the sexiest things you can see on a milky :naughty:

:twothumbs