Surefire Constant On/Off Switch

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I just traded my Surefire 6P LED flashlight to a fellow. He sent me an email saying that the tailcap switch was broken and that it sticks and the light can't be turned off. Was fine when I sent it but stuff happens right. But what got me to thinking was that he said that you're supposed to be able to push the tail button until it (Clicks) for constant on... Is this right? I thought the rear button was for momentary only. For constant you had to twist the tail cap down. And then twisting out a ways locked the whole thing out. Am I wrong.... I never thought the tail button could be clicked for constant on.

LumenMan

Enlightened
Hello all, I just traded my Surefire 6P LED flashlight to a fellow. He sent me an email saying that the tailcap switch was broken and that it sticks and the light can't be turned off. Was fine when I sent it but stuff happens right. But what got me to thinking was that he said that you're supposed to be able to push the tail button until it (Clicks) for constant on... Is this right? I thought the rear button was for momentary only. For constant you had to twist the tail cap down. And then twisting out a ways locked the whole thing out. Am I wrong.... I never thought the tail button could be clicked for constant on.

You are correct ! The Surefire 6P LED comes with a Z41 tailcap, not the Z59 "clickie" tailcap.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
IIRC the 6P and 6PL have the momentary push/twist constant. Its the 6PD and 6PDL that feature the push button clicky... someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
IIRC the 6P and 6PL have the momentary push/twist constant. Its the 6PD and 6PDL that feature the push button clicky... someone please correct me if I am wrong.
That's what I remember too.

If it's a normal 6PL, the button should be for momentary on and the tailcap is for constant on.