E2D LED clip slurps!

Stainz

Enlightened
I bought an E1B Backup - initially hated the clip. Then I used it - perfection in a clip, so it stayed. My next S-F purchase was an E2D LED - neat plus! Okay, try to use that clip - it hangs out of your pocket too far. Try it on your belt - ouch! Or, miss your belt - it hangs there for a moment, then plunges to the ground, further crenelating whichever end it lands on since you know it will find concrete rather than grassy ground. I hated that, by the way... now mine has character. Spread the clip - oops - too much! Now it won't stay on the belt.

Well, I found a sheath, of sorts. Sure - the S-F nylon sheath, at ~$11, will fit it - sort of. What I found better than that, however, is a 'knivesshipfree.com Hunter's leather pocket sheath', around $30, which will take a substantial fixed blade knife, like my Bark River Journeyman, and either another larger width knife, like a multi-tool, or a nice LED flashlight, like either my 6P LED or E2D LED. The latter's too loose clip must be parallel the sheath in order to fit. It seriously needs to go now, as it is too loose.

So, will the gap left by removing the clip be problematic? Is the clip a removeable item? Maybe a trip back to S-F is in order... will they fix such a owner-induced problem? I wonder about the crenelated ends and their replacement as well. Clearly, the E1B has been 'safer' in my carry - nice clip there. Rant off! Thanks for any help and or suggestions.

Stainz

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried putting the E1B clip on the E2D? You can also try contacting SureFire about getting a long clip or two.